Dear Tikka….if you’re listening.

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
Dunno if this has been said before because I only had time to skim the prior comments but Tikka is a EU company and must wait for CIP approval to make cartridges in the EU
Which often runs 18 months to 2 years after SAAMI approval.

OP
DisplacedHusky

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
Dunno if this has been said before because I only had time to skim the prior comments but Tikka is a EU company and must wait for CIP approval to make cartridges in the EU
Which often runs 18 months to 2 years after SAAMI approval.
CIP approved the 6mm Creedmoor in 2022.

OP
DisplacedHusky

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
I am guessing the US is Tikka’s biggest market share. Maybe someone in the manufacturing industry can shed some light on the issue but it would seem Tikka is leaving some profits on the table. They already have the tooling to thread barrels. New reamers don’t appear to be a big expense. There should be very little engineering or R&D costs to offer new T3Xs with shorter, threaded barrels and new chamberings. If the concern is too many offerings in the product line, I am guessing there are some slow selling models and chamberings they could kill off to make room. How many 270 WSM T3X Lites are they going to sell in the next 5 years vs a new 6mm Creedmoor?

I just want the standard lites blued and Ss to be threaded. Is that too much to ask? I’m not paying many hundreds extra moneys for textured stocks because they are threaded.

The lites work for me I just want to suppress them.
Shorten the barrels a few inches while you’re at it. I could totally see them just making a “supressor ready” line with 16-20” threaded barrels and charging 50-100$ more for them. Would be perfect

OP
DisplacedHusky

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
I think we are going to need to get proactive for our cause. However, Tikka is owned by Beretta Holdings which is a private company. So, we can’t just buy a big enough voting share to make them bend to our will. We are going to have to play the long game. Here is my plan.

Beretta Holdings’ executives are all old Italian guys with the last name Beretta. So we have no hope of getting Ryan or Jake installed as a VP of Operations. I think we need to have a Rokslider seduce one of the executives’ grand daughters. However, I’ve seen many of your photos in your profile pics and most of you are too ugly for this mission. We need one of the young bucks on here to step up and move to Italy, marry into the Beretta family and then wait. When you have enough power in the family and company, we will activate our Rokslide sleeper agent and have you implement our wishes of shorter, threaded barrels and new chamberings. This plan should only take 15-20 years, but it’s fool proof.

Hydra6

FNG
I started to comment that Beretta is not known for customer friendly service.

Seems like best method is still finding donor actions and self-customizing. Maybe a better path is to encourage small businesses to continue to innovate with Tikka prefit barrels to taste plus accessories such as bottom metal, mags, stocks, and scope rings.

If I believed in Santa I'd put a classic deluxe tikka t3x with a high grade stock with a round forend right on top of my wish list.

OP
DisplacedHusky

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
I started to comment that Beretta is not known for customer friendly service.

Seems like best method is still finding donor actions and self-customizing. Maybe a better path is to encourage small businesses to continue to innovate with Tikka prefit barrels to taste plus accessories such as bottom metal, mags, stocks, and scope rings.
Meh. How will this save me any money? The better play is a long-term Rokslide sleeper agent that infiltrates the inner circle of the Beretta family and eventually gains total control of Tikka product development.

Just kidding. Your idea will have to work in the meantime. I would be more exited about Tikka customization if I wasn’t at 9+ months and still waiting on the barrel for my first Tikka build.

My thoughts exactly. I can’t believe nobody is capitalizing on this void in the market. Not even a custom action available. The howa is the only option

And the Howa mini actions shoot pretty well.

6244774c6d9d3e53149f9e63ea08cb9c.jpg

Yeah I know it’s only a 5 round group but it shows that it has potential. This was shooting a ladder to find pressure, not an established load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yfarm

WKR
Why is it impossible to find a left hand Tikka 223? Listed on their website, impossible to locate. Can walk into a Beretta dealer and order anything they make, may take a while but it will eventually arrive, not so with Tikka,apparently we are restricted to whatever their distributors decide to order.
Ruger previously offered a limited variety calibers in the M77 and American in left hand in stainless even, now very restricted offerings and no stainless models. Will have to make do with a blued cz527, sweet little rifle. Sucks being left handed and need to use bolt action rifles.

Last edited:

Spoonbill

WKR
Why is it impossible to find a left hand Tikka 223? Listed on their website, impossible to locate. Can walk into a Beretta dealer and order anything they make, may take a while but it will eventually arrive, not so with Tikka,apparently we are restricted to whatever their distributors decide to order.
Ruger previously offered a limited variety calibers in the M77 and American in left hand in stainless even, now very restricted offerings and no stainless models. Will have to make do with a blued cz527, sweet little rifle. Sucks being left handed unless you have a stroke.
On one of the recent shoot2hunt podcasts they said Beretta will import Tikkas with a minimum order. Sounds like us lefties should band together and convice a Tikka distributor to order left hand 223s.

P Carter

WKR
On one of the recent shoot2hunt podcasts they said Beretta will import Tikkas with a minimum order. Sounds like us lefties should band together and convice a Tikka distributor to order left hand 223s.
I’d be in - son is left eye dominant. Right now shooting a break-action Henry in .243 since it’s ambidextrous. But shooting left handed is easiest for him and I’d be in on a left handed .243. Things are impossible to find - even when websites say they’re in stock they often aren’t.

The Sako 90 is made in a variety of action lengths. I've never seen one chambered in .223, but the Sako 90 is a sweet design. I'm kind of bummed out by the stock. A Sako 90 with a CDL stock would be a great thing.

The Sako 90 is made in a variety of action lengths. I've never seen one chambered in .223, but the Sako 90 is a sweet design. I'm kind of bummed out by the stock. A Sako 90 with a CDL stock would be a great thing.

What do you mean by CDL stock? Hinged floor plate? The model 90 hunter model looks pretty nice to me.