Day packs

If I had to buy a new one then I'd buy an exo mountain gear. I'm still using my outdoorsman long range hunter without any complaints though.

OP
S

Staywild

FNG
If I had to buy a new one then I'd buy an exo mountain gear. I'm still using my outdoorsman long range hunter without any complaints though.
Awesome, thank you very much. Is there stuff a order straight to consumer or are they also in retail stores?

nobody

WKR
Awesome, thank you very much. Is there stuff an order straight to consumer or are they also in retail stores?
Direct to consumer only with Exo.

Stone glacier is another good one that’s available in some retail stores. Some people like Mystery ranch, and they’re available in store, though I personally feel they’re a definite tier below Exo and SG

OP
S

Staywild

FNG
Direct to consumer only with Exo.

Stone glacier is another good one that’s available in some retail stores. Some people like Mystery ranch, and they’re available in store, though I personally feel they’re a definite tier below Exo and SG
Perfect! And size wise what would your recommendation be. I see they come in a variety of different sizes. Being out there for 9 days would you recommend going bigger pack to ensure having the space if need be? Or would a 7200 be overkill

nobody

WKR
Perfect! And size wise what would your recommendation be. I see they come in a variety of different sizes. Being out there for 9 days would you recommend going bigger pack to ensure having the space if need be? Or would a 7200 be overkill
I would call each company and ask them, I have a Stone Glacier Sky 5900 and I could easily do a week with it blown up in September, but the number of days would drop as my layers got heavier and temps got colder. Lots at play there.

I would give them a call and chat with them. Honestly like the other gentlemen said, it really depends on the time of year and how much knick knacks and Doo dads you bring. The size of your sleeping bag, your shelter, how much food you bring, there's a lot of variables.

TxLite

WKR
As has been said Exo and Stone glacier are both great packs as long as they fit you well.

I wouldn’t be afraid to go big. Both the Exo and Stone Glacier compress down pretty small when empty without adding much weight over the next size down.

Editing to add- both also have great customer service. Give them a call and explain what you plan to do and they will be able to help you find a pack that will suit your needs

Check out Kifaru as well. I've had excellent luck with mine. I have the duplex lite frame, Stryker XL bag for day hunts and fulcrum bag for extended hunts up to 7 days. Quality and price is on par with SG and Exo. I believe all three are American made. Probably can't go wrong with any of those options. None of the options are very lightweight if that's what you're looking for. I think my frame with empty stryker bag is around 6#. The versatility, fit and quality of the high end packs make them worth every penny. The adjustability of the kifaru frame is excellent. It rides very well when adjusted correctly and will pack a big bull elk hind quarter very well.

slamdmini

FNG
Are you looking for something u can haul meat and backpack with? Or a true day pack? I have an exo that I can compress down when I don't need all the space. And I always use it, even on day hunts, so I don't have to make an extra trip back to the truck/camp just to grab a pack that can haul meat. But they are heavier and more expensive. I love my exo and have zero complaints and wouldn't hesitate to get another one. But I've also heard great things about stone glacier, kifaru, and initial ascent. Check the classifieds here and u might find one u like and save a few bucks along the way.