Day 6 Loose Bleeders

Jermh

Lil-Rokslider
I've been shooting QAD Exodus out of my compound for the past several years but decided on Day 6 Evo X's for my first year hunting with a recurve. 150 grain heads with 3/4" bleeders. I've only shot one head into foam a handful of times at 20 yards and they seem to fly great. My issue is that with 4 of the 6 heads the bleeder fits loose. Like wobbles around, makes a rattle noise kind of loose. Surely this is not normal? On a couple of the heads the main blade has play front to back as well. Besides making sure the set screw is tight I'm now sure what else I could do about it. Waiting to hear back from the company just figured I'd see if this is a one off or if this should have been expected.

i have 6 evo's as well 150 g and the one I shoot into foam also has a loose bleeder. Same issue
I'll check the other 5 tonight and see if they are the same.

NEPkaspot

Lil-Rokslider
I also went with 150 Evo XL's for this season out of my PSA. I haven't noticed any issues at all and have one that has been really abused in practice. I've really been impressed with them through my practice this summer. they should not rattle and everything should fit tight. I'll bet you'll find Day Six will take care of you, though. Great people over there.

I can vouch for their durability and toughness... lol
I blew through my target a few times into a block wall and embedded both times. had to wiggle free with pliers. Still spins straight! Crazy tough!

dkime

WKR
I've been shooting QAD Exodus out of my compound for the past several years but decided on Day 6 Evo X's for my first year hunting with a recurve. 150 grain heads with 3/4" bleeders. I've only shot one head into foam a handful of times at 20 yards and they seem to fly great. My issue is that with 4 of the 6 heads the bleeder fits loose. Like wobbles around, makes a rattle noise kind of loose. Surely this is not normal? On a couple of the heads the main blade has play front to back as well. Besides making sure the set screw is tight I'm now sure what else I could do about it. Waiting to hear back from the company just figured I'd see if this is a one off or if this should have been expected.

Give me a shout today, and I’ll get ya taken care of. They definitely shouldn’t be rattling. I’ll shoot you a PM with my cell number if you can’t get through on the company line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jermh

Jermh

Lil-Rokslider
Just a quick update. Had a phone conversation with @dkime and he suggested for a temporary fix to loosen the set screw and push the main blade firm into the ferrule and then tighten the set screw down really good. It sounds like they will likely send me 4 new replacement ferrules as well. I think it's really just a matter of the design of the head requiring very tight tolerances with not a lot of room for error. All good and very pleased with the customer service.

Edit: already received shipping notice for the ferrules. Very quick response. Awesome service.

Last edited:
OP
Jermh

Jermh

Lil-Rokslider
Update: Big shout out to @dkime and Day Six. I was expecting 4 replacement ferrules and saw that they were delivered today. Opened the package and found 4 new complete broadheads. Awesome service and was way more than I was expecting, buy with confidence. Above and beyond...now we just need September to be here.