Daughter dropped Swarovski spotter?

It seems fine I was going to put it in the fridge or maybe even the freezer for 10 minutes to see if it fogs up. Stupid idea, any thoughts?

Q child

WKR
I wouldn't hesitate to try it with my Swarovski spotter if I dropped it. I don't think that I'd think of it though. If it can't handle the temps in a freezer then its broken anyway.
Functional temp on an ATX is down to -13°F.

CorbLand

WKR
If you do have an issue, that would suck. Swaro was easy to work with on my scope but it took them 6 weeks plus shipping both ways. I think I was just short of two months to get it back.

OP
Schoolhousegrizz
I wouldn't hesitate to try it with my Swarovski spotter if I dropped it. I don't think that I'd think of it though. If it can't handle the temps in a freezer then its broken anyway.
Functional temp on an ATX is down to -13°F.
What about the ATS?

OP
Schoolhousegrizz
If you do have an issue, that would suck. Swaro was easy to work with on my scope but it took them 6 weeks plus shipping both ways. I think I was just short of two months to get it back.
Yeah they said they were 6 weeks out maybe as much as 8 weeks out. That is cutting it too close to send it in.

CorbLand

WKR
Yeah they said they were 6 weeks out maybe as much as 8 weeks out. That is cutting it too close to send it in.
Push comes to shove, I may be selling an ATS65 here soon. My uncle has it right now to see if he wants to buy it. If I remember correctly, your not far from me.

CM

WKR
In early July one year I was crossing a snow field on a steep slope with my STM 65 on a SLIK 624 tripod slung over my shoulder (I already had the scope out of my pack, and it was just 100 yards or so to the next glassing point so I didn't bother to put it back in the pack). I lost my footing and down I went, sliding on the snow. I tried to keep a hold of the scope, but I couldn’t. Luckily for me the snow turned to rock about 15 feet from a cliff ledge. As soon as I hit the rock I came to an abrupt stop. I got a little road rash but nothing too bad. The scope and tripod did not stop. That scope must have bounced on those rocks and over the cliffs, down the mountain another 100 yards or so. Listening to it bounce off rocks was a sick feeling. I was a broke, recently married college kid at the time and had scrimped and saved to buy that scope.

I worked my way down to it. It had a thread adapter between the tripod and the tripod head that got all screwed up, so the tripod legs came off from the head/scope. I thought for sure the scope would be screwed up. There wasn't a mark on the scope. I did have it in a neoprene case, that must have protected it some. The tripod had a few dings.

I have been using both the scope and tripod ever since (10+ years) without issue. I had planned on sending the scope in to have it looked over but never bothered. If I had to bet, I’d bet your scope is fine.

OP
Schoolhousegrizz
In early July one year I was crossing a snow field on a steep slope with my STM 65 on a SLIK 624 tripod slung over my shoulder (I already had the scope out of my pack, and it was just 100 yards or so to the next glassing point so I didn't bother to put it back in the pack). I lost my footing and down I went, sliding on the snow. I tried to keep a hold of the scope, but I couldn’t. Luckily for me the snow turned to rock about 15 feet from a cliff ledge. As soon as I hit the rock I came to an abrupt stop. I got a little road rash but nothing too bad. The scope and tripod did not stop. That scope must have bounced on those rocks and over the cliffs, down the mountain another 100 yards or so. Listening to it bounce off rocks was a sick feeling. I was a broke, recently married college kid at the time and had scrimped and saved to buy that scope.

I worked my way down to it. It had a thread adapter between the tripod and the tripod head that got all screwed up, so the tripod legs came off from the head/scope. I thought for sure the scope would be screwed up. There wasn't a mark on the scope. I did have it in a neoprene case, that must have protected it some. The tripod had a few dings.

I have been using both the scope and tripod ever since (10+ years) without issue. I had planned on sending the scope in to have it looked over but never bothered. If I had to bet, I’d bet your scope is fine.
Well that does make me feel a little better, thanks. 😂

Reactions: CM
I'm thinking you're good. Stupid analogy, but "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Probably cost a fortune to ship it with insurance and such, just for them to clean it up and return it to you in 6 or 8 weeks. If it fails, then send it in.
Probably better for your Daughter too, telling her it's ok, and not have to send them in.

OP
Schoolhousegrizz
I'm thinking you're good. Stupid analogy, but "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Probably cost a fortune to ship it with insurance and such, just for them to clean it up and return it to you in 6 or 8 weeks. If it fails, then send it in.
Probably better for your Daughter too, telling her it's ok, and not have to send them in.
Agree

SOIHUNT

Lil-Rokslider
Hope this helps I was hunting here in Arizona and fell during a couse hunt my pack landed on my spotter (fell about 20’ on to rock) the scope came up scratched up pretty good but still works great that was about 5 years ago and still works great. My spotter is a STS 25-50X80

OP
Schoolhousegrizz
Hope this helps I was hunting here in Arizona and fell during a couse hunt my pack landed on my spotter (fell about 20’ on to rock) the scope came up scratched up pretty good but still works great that was about 5 years ago and still works great. My spotter is a STS 25-50X80
Helps a lot, thank you so much!!!