Dark Energy versus Biolite versus Anker ?

repins05

WKR
Looking for feedback on somebody who has tried all 3

Dark Energy

vs

Biolite

vs

Anker

I have a Dark Energy and am going to start doing a test with how many charges I can get out of it for my phone. I have an old Anker that has been working forever.....but again haven't really "tested it" and it is now pretty outdate.

The Biolite seems to have a lot of good reviews. If I did the biotite I would go for the 20k mAh. The dark energy is 10 mAh.

I have a dark energy. No complaints. If I were a hardcore user, I think they are good to go. For a more casual user like me with 10-15 filed nights a year, I think the weight and cost of all the ruggedization is not needed. I tend to carry an Anker on shorter trips and it is fine. It rides in a ziplock in my pack and is used to charge gadgets at night in the shelter so it doesn’t take a beating.

Tagging. I've had an Anker 100 mAh for a long time and it's never let me down. The advertised charging capacity has been pretty dead on. 6-7 mostly full charges on an iPhone 11.

Interested in going with a smaller capacity, lighter battery and adding a solar panel for some trips.

OP
R

repins05

WKR
Tagging. I've had an Anker 100 mAh for a long time and it's never let me down. The advertised charging capacity has been pretty dead on. 6-7 mostly full charges on an iPhone 11.

Interested in going with a smaller capacity, lighter battery and adding a solar panel for some trips.
Tagging my own thread for the solar combo.......

Tagging my own thread for the solar combo.......
Well I just googled it and most solar panel setups weigh as much or more than the 100mAh Anker, so probably not that great of an idea haha. I've seen people try to charge e-bike batteries with them before and I don't think it worked particularly well.

OP
R

repins05

WKR
Well I just googled it and most solar panel setups weigh as much or more than the 100mAh Anker, so probably not that great of an idea haha. I've seen people try to charge e-bike batteries with them before and I don't think it worked particularly well.
Yea doesn't seem like anything out there that work great. I carry a luci lantern in case of emergency and last ditch effort to charge.