Daniel Boone Bear Management Area

lhf

FNG
Hello - I'm new to Rokslide; I recently moved to western NC from GA (though I've worked/played up here for many years), and I drew 2 of the November Daniel Boone Bear Management Area hunt dates. I've not hunted bear before (mostly a deer hunter), but I'm really interested. Does anyone in this forum have experience with that hunt area who'd be willing to chat with me? I don't have dogs, but I'd be interested in connecting with hound hunters as well as folks who still hunt, as I likely will be doing. I have a saddle and a climber that I could use (what I usually hunt deer with during archery season), but I imagine this more as a hunt from the ground scenario. Totally open to advice/comments/suggestions. Thanks, y'all!

I have never hunted that way, but I was successful my first year harvesting a bear on public land in Arkansas and I'd be happy to share what I learned if you want to PM me, pretty similar terrain I would imagine!

OP
L

lhf

FNG
I have never hunted that way, but I was successful my first year harvesting a bear on public land in Arkansas and I'd be happy to share what I learned if you want to PM me, pretty similar terrain I would imagine!
Thank you - I would appreciate that. I'm not sure how to PM; when I clicked on your username, I got the options "follow" and "ignore." Would you please point me in the right direction or start the PM thread?