Dall sheep status southern yukon

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, we can hunt anywhere an outfitter operates. Some areas (like Mervyns) see a lot of locals, others do not see anywhere near the same amount of local pressure due to proximity to whitehorse. Some outfitters go so far as to threaten to pull their business from any float plane operation that could potentially fly a local in. That helps keep some locals out, but there are still a lot of guys who own their own super cubs that will drop into more remote concessions.
there were some complaints made to our federal agency because some charter floatplane operators did not want to fly local residents to some areas because of outfitters pressure but it did not go very far ... but it is hard for the locals to get any voices as some YFGA directors or board members are working for some outfitters as guide or are even outfitters and of course the same can be said for the local chapter of the wild sheep foundation ... there is not many places in north america where there is more sheeps taken by non residents than residents ...

cbeard64

WKR
there were some complaints made to our federal agency because some charter floatplane operators did not want to fly local residents to some areas because of outfitters pressure but it did not go very far ... but it is hard for the locals to get any voices as some YFGA directors or board members are working for some outfitters as guide or are even outfitters and of course the same can be said for the local chapter of the wild sheep foundation ... there is not many places in north america where there is more sheeps taken by non residents than residents ...

I’m sure that’s true but almost certainly a big reason for that is there are only about 30,000 residents in a province that’s bigger than Texas.

I hunted with Mervyn’s in 2017. Never saw any locals and none of the other hunters did either to my knowledge. We did see one local back in 2006 when hunting in SE Yukon. It wasn’t an issue.

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
I’m sure that’s true but almost certainly a big reason for that is there are only about 30,000 residents in a province that’s bigger than Texas.

I hunted with Mervyn’s in 2017. Never saw any locals and none of the other hunters did either to my knowledge. We did see one local back in 2006 when hunting in SE Yukon. It wasn’t an issue.
well check your numbers we re 47000 and increasing ....

i never said it is a problem or you will have a problem if encountering any local resident hunting in the same area as you ... when paying what you re paying it s not maybe what you are looking for ...