Cynergy receiver trigger/safety rattle?

sndmn11

WKR
Bought a used 20ga off of here and it came this week. I listed over a similar model citori in college but to be frank have never handled a cynergy more than the 20s gun store fondle.

There's a rattle from the receiver that can be felt through the trigger shoe and is unmistakenly between the tang safety and trigger. It sounds and feels intentional much like a safety function check with a Glock results in a rattling.

I am ignorant and unfamiliar, should there be a rattle? Is there something I should grease within or have bone clean?

Wheels

WKR
I just checked mine, and it also rattles when you shake the gun. Might have something to do with the adjustable trigger? I looked in the owner's manual and nothing is mentioned.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
I just checked mine, and it also rattles when you shake the gun. Might have something to do with the adjustable trigger? I looked in the owner's manual and nothing is mentioned.

Thanks!

The googles is turning up a piece called the inertia mass that seems to be there the prevent a double bang. I posted the question on FB and a shotgun forum and haven't had anyone say there's rattles.

The inertia piece makes sense because it feels just like that test a Glock. I just don't know if it is something that loud means XYZ action on my part.

This video shows the piece that produces the rattle.

I'm not well versed in them enough to tell you the ins and outs, just that the trigger design is different than most recoil activated trigger systems on doubles.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
This video shows the piece that produces the rattle.

I'm not well versed in them enough to tell you the ins and outs, just that the trigger design is different than most recoil activated trigger systems on doubles.

That's the information I keep running across and saw that video last night. Thinking through it while daydreaming today, my guess is that little block lifts up on the initial acceleration of recoil, and then settles back down when recoil finishes its pulse and keeps the trigger shoe sear thing from bouncing up and whacking the other hammer.

I'll play around with it sometime this weekend and maybe run by the fancy gun store and see if they have to shake.

Macintosh

WKR
Dont know that design but nearly all single-trigger doubles have a rattle like that that is basically just the weight that arms the second barrel on recoil from the first. You can try it dry firing—fire first barrel, and the second wont fire. Smack the butt with your hand to set the trigger, and now it’ll fire. That looks like a mechanical single trigger rather than inertia, so looks like yours will fire both without any recoil. Its nice if you want to shoot cupcake reloads in it that might not have enough recoil to set the trigger otherwise! On inertia guns that peice must be free to move, so a thick grease would actually prevent the gun from working. Not sure on yours but if you grease it up and it no longer fires both barrels you know you’ll just need to clean it off.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Dont know that design but nearly all single-trigger doubles have a rattle like that that is basically just the weight that arms the second barrel on recoil from the first. You can try it dry firing—fire first barrel, and the second wont fire. Smack the butt with your hand to set the trigger, and now it’ll fire. That looks like a mechanical single trigger rather than inertia, so looks like yours will fire both without any recoil. Its nice if you want to shoot cupcake reloads in it that might not have enough recoil to set the trigger otherwise! On inertia guns that peice must be free to move, so a thick grease would actually prevent the gun from working. Not sure on yours but if you grease it up and it no longer fires both barrels you know you’ll just need to clean it off.

Correct, they are a mechanical trigger.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
To wrap this up, I took the stock off and the rattle is 100% the inertia mass from the above video. It's also very neat to see how all the parts interact.

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
I see you figured it out - I had the exact same concern when I bought mine. Gunsmith said "Inertia block, idiot!"

Actually he was only thinking "idiot" and was kind enough not to say it to my face. :)