CVA with #11 musket caps ??

I have a new CVA Accura set up for Idaho and open ignition with musket caps. After reading all I could find here I am interested in using the #11 caps. In 5 year old threads it looks like this was not an option. Does anyone know if this is an option now? This is all new for me. Got stuck in the great Idaho online tag crash and ended up with an A tag by mistake so here we go with a totally new thing for me. @sabotloader

I have a new CVA Accura set up for Idaho and open ignition with musket caps. After reading all I could find here I am interested in using the #11 caps. In 5 year old threads it looks like this was not an option. Does anyone know if this is an option now? This is all new for me. Got stuck in the great Idaho online tag crash and ended up with an A tag by mistake so here we go with a totally new thing for me. @sabotloader

Not sure you can change to #11's with a CVA, I believe CVA uses a 1-piece breech plug. I do not think you have the option to replace the Musket nipple with the #11 nipple.

OP
NevadaMike
Not sure you can change to #11's with a CVA, I believe CVA uses a 1-piece breech plug. I do not think you have the option to replace the Musket nipple with the #11 nipple.
Thanks for the quick reply. I don't quite understand all the lingo yet but that is the conclusion I was coming up with.

Wrench

WKR
My cva wolf has a replaceable nipple. I run #11 and musket with a nipple change. I prefer the musket caps.

OP
NevadaMike
My cva wolf has a replaceable nipple. I run #11 and musket with a nipple change. I prefer the musket caps.
I was just about to post what I found here. My open open musket ignition just came a few minutes ago and I noticed the nipple was threaded in. Is the ID of the breach plug the same for both #11 and musket caps? Have you found the musket caps to be more reliable?

Wrench

WKR
The threads are the same. Reliability...I can't comment on. #12's are impossible to find here. I have 1k muskets and have never had a failure to fire with the exception of one time when the powder was soaking wet.

Removing and installing muskets is easier due to the size and shape....imo.

dancyr3

FNG
I have same setup, I was unable to find a breechplug but the nipple is replaceable. After using both, I actually prefer using the musket cap, I think the brand was named RWS. Best ones I’ve used so far. Stay away from cheap caps like CCI, in my experience I’ve had 3 CCI go off without igniting powder while aiming at deer