CVA Scout 300 Blackout Suppressed Sub Sonic for Deer?

Anyone considered the break action, single shot CVA Scout 300 Blackout for a bow range, sub sonic suburban deer slayer?

Anyone hunt deer subsonic? I’ve read reports of lost deer due to lack of blood trails and overall so so lethality.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
No experience, but get the right bullets and put them in the right spot, can’t see how there is a problem. In general, I think many complaints are due to bad shot placement/choice and bullet choice.

I have some 300 BO that I would hunt with if I had the chance for it.

*Edit I was wrong. They used a scout in the 6.5 flavor.

There’s a thread or two on here where others have done and used exactly what you’re describing. I have a 300 BO 10.5” upper in the AR flavor I’ve used in the past. I’ve since put it away in favor of my threaded marlin 30/30 for my sub 100 yard shots. I find that thread I’ll post the link.

h2so4

WKR
Shot a doe with a Cva scout pistol 300bo with 110ttsx. Not sub sonic, but otherwise worked fine. I was to try the subsonic 198gr Dual Performance (controlled chaos bullet) next year.

Jacack

WKR
I have a rem 700 I built a 300 whisper on, long before the blackout was around.

It's killed a ton of deer and hogs almost all with the barnes 110s

Loaded about 2450. Works perfect.

Shot a few with some big custom turned bullets( can't member who made them) they had a huge hollowpoint with a second hole deeper in the hollowpoint that you stuffed a .17 cal bullet inside. Subsonic and they did make big holes nut never shot as good as I hoped. Still have some somewhere. They looked wicked but hard to beat the 110s