CVA Accura MR and optic rails - assistance please

BriderLV

FNG
I picked up a CVA Accura MR about a month ago and added on the Williams western globe setup front/rear since in NV we can't use optics; however since UT allows glass I want to expand my options. I picked up the Williams Ace in the Hole rail / rear peep combo so I could have a rear peep sighted in for NV and add glass for UT if the draw odds ever are in my favor.

Question to you all is that when mounted nearly half of the rail is not secured, only the rear screws hold it down and those 4 screws line up with the rail. This seems odd since putting a scope ring on any section that has movement would be an issue. How are you guys running yours? Did I install it wrong?

Pic for reference and now that I look at the factory rail that seems to have an unsecured section as well. 1st pic Ace in the whole and second is the factory one, boxed area is not secured by any screws.

Thanks.

Attachments

• ace.jpg
    ace.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 18
  • factory.jpg
    factory.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 17
Would be a great idea to have a gunsmith drill/tap it for a couple more screws up front. I’ve done that with several rifles.

OP
BriderLV

BriderLV

FNG
Would be a great idea to have a gunsmith drill/tap it for a couple more screws up front. I’ve done that with several rifles.
That’s a good call. Any chance it would mess with barrel harmonics?

Bummer is my guy moved out of town and don’t have a new place yet