CVA Accura LR-X Breech Plug Issue

Skootch51

FNG
I’ve owned a CVA Accura V2 for a few years now and have really enjoyed that rifle. I recently picked up a CVA LR-X and it came with both the standard and loose powder style breech plugs. I noted that when the standard breech plug is installed, the hammer has a noticeably higher tension to cock. Also, the trigger is much heavier. With the Blackhorn style breech, the issue isn’t there. I installed the standard breech from the V2 into the LR-X and the symptom wasn’t there either. I can only think the standard breech plug that came with my rifle was milled slightly out of spec. Anyone ever have this issue? I have reached out to CVA customer service and will keep you posted here. Cheers!

Rhatch

FNG
When I switched to a bh breech plug on my v2, I had a similar issue. Their solution was to use the breech plug wrench and basically torque the hell out of it, and back it off. Call them to verify, but that's what they told me. Hope it helps!

204_ruger

Lil-Rokslider
Same thing happened on my CVA Optima V2 50 cal. I used the wrench. I thought mine. Mite have had one to many coats of cerakote on it.