Cutting down a 300WM for suppressor

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
I have a couple of Tikka T3X 300 Win Mags that are waiting on suppressors. Both have 24.3 inch barrels and I'm trying to decide on having them shortened for hunting purposes. I'm a little cautious about going to short because I don't want to end up with 30-06 performance. I'm thinking 22 inch might be a happy medium.
Anyone been there and done that? And if so, what kind of velocity loss did you have?
Thanks

I just built a 300 WM with a 21" barrel specifically so I could shoot it suppressed. With my load of RL22 and a 180 grain Nosler PT, I am getting just over 2800 fps, and I have room to push it more if I wanted to. I don't because that load is also giving me great groups.

If you reload, you can push up the velocity using a bit faster powders when shooting "short" barrels as well.

Ernie

Lil-Rokslider
I have a couple of Tikka T3X 300 Win Mags that are waiting on suppressors. Both have 24.3 inch barrels and I'm trying to decide on having them shortened for hunting purposes. I'm a little cautious about going to short because I don't want to end up with 30-06 performance. I'm thinking 22 inch might be a happy medium.
Anyone been there and done that? And if so, what kind of velocity loss did you have?
Thanks
Expect around 30 fps per inch on average