Custom gear bag wishlist suggestions?

My wonderful girlfriend is very talented with her three sewing machines. Besides clothing, she makes gear bags, bike frame bags, and even her own down sleeping quilt/bag (looks identical to my Enlightened). For Christmas this year, she offered to make me some custom gear bags using dyneema, as well as some other rip-stop-type stuff, the latter of which I believe she can put waterproof seams on (I think?).

I thought I would post here to see if anybody might have some suggestions. Right now I'm thinking:

1. Bag to cover my rolled-up foam bed roll, protect it from the wet (won't fit in llama pannier).
2. Large, compartmentalized bag to hang inside the side of my Softopper when sleeping in my Tacoma
3. One stuff bag to hold my two sleeping bags (my 'fear' is being cold at night)
4. Couple smaller organizational bags for hunting pack, toiletry-kit sized.

Pursuits are truck camping for turkey and rifle deer, backpack bowhunting for elk. This year I elk hunted with a buddy and his pack llamas, MAY have that in the future but I don't want to assume or impose. My backpack setup is an Eberlestock Mainframe and will buy a vapor pack for next year.

Ideas? Anybody? Thank you in advanced.

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Your girlfriend sounds like keeper!

I think the biggest advantage to MYOG is the customization. Rarely do I save any money when I factor in my time. That being said I’d look closely at specific applications that you wish there were a solution for. A double size stuff sack for your sleeping bags and the gear loft are good ideas, same with little pouches for your specific water filter or whatever electronics YOU bring into the field.

A non-dyneema/silpoly idea would be an alpha direct hoody. Maybe you already have a Sitka Ambient (or other brand) but this pattern is easy to follow and you only need 1.5-2yds of fabric to make it.

Maybe a 9ftx9ft tarp for ultralight backpacking, shade, rain, etc. Could be dyneema or silpoly.

Adding zippers to pits or hips of any hunting clothes? Sewing a removable seat cushion attachment to your pack frame for turkey hunting?

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Post some pics when they’re done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk