custom foot Beds?

T-Dozzer

FNG
Just bought a pair of crisp I nevadas. I'm finding that there is a bit of room on top of my foot and want a footbed that will take up more room. I have put my Meindl perfeck beds in the crisp, but I'm worried they will stretch them out too much since they are a wider insole. The crisp foot beds leave a lot to be desired.
Has anyone tried custom orthotics and where did you get them?
I looked at the lathrop and sons synergy beds, but they don't appear to be any thicker than the factory crisp I beds.
Thoughts?

OP
T

T-Dozzer

FNG
Yeah, I have looked at most of them. Just hoping for more info specially around a bed that takes up more volume

ceng

Lil-Rokslider
There's a mountaineering shop in my town and they do what hey call posting up of footbeds. It's essentially gluing a high density foam "posting material" to whichever footbed. They then shape it on a spindle sander to match. They will also taper it as required if you need more lift at the heel but want to keep your toe box the same. Basically if your boot has too much volume, or if your heel placket is too tall for your heel. This could work if you have a footbed you like just need it to take up more volume.

ceng

Lil-Rokslider
Another trick they did to fit different footbeds. Is trace the stock footbed onto the aftermarket one and then trim. Some may not be designed to be trimmed, but it makes sense and was pretty quick.

5shot

Lil-Rokslider
I am giving a pair of Sole Ultra's a try. Seem to have more support than my usual super feet, and are a tad taller. I also put a thinsulate insert in first, to take up even more room. Sole makes an insulated version, which might be even taller.