Custom Blacktail Bow - almost here....

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't seen any threads on Blacktail Bows. I wanted one for a few years now. Well, last year they made an announcemnet that they would not be doing full custom after the end of 2022. There was a countdown deadline on their website etc. I pulled the trigger and ordered my dream bow. There were a lot of orders and a moving of the workshop, changing of the guard etc. Well I finally received notification that my bow is going into construction and I should see it ~ the end of March. I'm stoked to say the least. Just have to endure the wait another 6 weeks.

I'll post some pics when I have it in hand.

Mark

NICE!!! I have had new limbs built but never ordered a true custom. I just seem to buy and sell ones that get passed around (I seem to buy way more than sell... ughh)

I haven't seen any threads on Blacktail Bows. I wanted one for a few years now. Well, last year they made an announcemnet that they would not be doing full custom after the end of 2022. There was a countdown deadline on their website etc. I pulled the trigger and ordered my dream bow. There were a lot of orders and a moving of the workshop, changing of the guard etc. Well I finally received notification that my bow is going into construction and I should see it ~ the end of March. I'm stoked to say the least. Just have to endure the wait another 6 weeks.

I'll post some pics when I have it in hand.

Mark
Nice congrats and enjoy.

Beendare

WKR
I can honestly say that the carved Blacktails are THE prettiest bows on the planet…andI think he calls it the Snakebit, is right behind it.
Bob Morrison made some beautiful bows..as does South Cox….heck many gorgeous bows out there…I love seeing them though at the tourneys anymore its a lot of Metal riser ILF stuff With gaudy decals on the limbs.

mjh

FNG
I've had three Blacktails built to my specs. All made by Norm Johnson. I still have two. My takedown should be getting back from Blacktail in a couple of days. The Hunter Elite VL model was being discontinued and there was last chance to order limbs. Blacktail has had the bow since sometime in October. So about 6 months turn around. Yep there was an ownership change. From the email seems like old and new owers are working togethers to get the torch passed.

bow picts June 2015 007.JPG

Here's my takedown. Myrtle with Cocobolo. Bamboo limbs with Myrtle veneers.

OP
M

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
Nice bow mjh. My new bow will be here Monday. They received a lot of custom orders after they announced that they weren't going to do that anymore etc.... 3x the number of orders than average in the month of Dec of 2021. So my bow has taken a long time to get here. I knew that going in and they have been very communicative and very pleasant to deal with. :) Alan said something to the effect that "now, all you have to do is endure the wait." He was right. :)

OP
M

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
Well it’s here.
a19efb97c4ac09f2c0be5b2ff2716c46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk