Crossbow site question

I have started researching crossbows and wandering if people prefer multiplex reticles or an hha optimizer? From my reading it seems the multiplex changes when you change power . Im trying to understand that and difference between first and second focal plane. Any help appreciated. Also im leaning towards multiplex bc I would think adjusting qould be challenging if deer moving. Im hunting in NY and will most likely never have a shot over 50yrds.

You want a Sig bdx or multiple reticles. I have a ten point Marksman evo scope listed on archery talk that would work for you.

Crossbows are awkward to dial when it's shooting time.

Deldave

FNG
It’s all about personal preference and the type of hunting you do. I recently purchased a Burris Oracle X, and find it hard to beat. The push of a button ranges your target and moves the lighted dot accordingly.

OP
B
It’s all about personal preference and the type of hunting you do. I recently purchased a Burris Oracle X, and find it hard to beat. The push of a button ranges your target and moves the lighted dot accordingly.
I know its personal preference but I have no experience so trying to get opinions of those more experienced. I would for sure go the Burris or garmin route but it pit of price range.

Deldave

FNG
Vortex made an excellent 2.5-10x44 crossbow scope with lighted reticle and excellent glass. It works great with or without an Optimizer. They’re discontinued, but can be found used for $250-300. Do a search for Vortex Viper XBR. I have one on my Scorpyd Deathstalker, and use it for still hunting.

OP
B
Vortex made an excellent 2.5-10x44 crossbow scope with lighted reticle and excellent glass. It works great with or without an Optimizer. They’re discontinued, but can be found used for $250-300. Do a search for Vortex Viper XBR. I have one on my Scorpyd Deathstalker, and use it for still hunting.
Thanks . I have seen them mentioned and one on my list. It seems whenever a well liked model (any brand) happens they get discontinued.

Deldave

FNG
If you decide you’d like one and have difficulty tracking any down, let me know. I have one that is like new in my optics stash.

Agreed on this, I managed to find one on eBay. I think as far as crossbow scopes go its one of the best options.

TxxAgg

WKR
You could try a red dot. I did that for my kids to use. It's just more intuitive for them. Crossbows are fast enough that the dot covers shots 35 yds and under before it drops too much. You could probably stretch that if you get comfy with it.