Crispi Nevada vs Salomon Quest 4 D

USMC22

WKR
Will mainly use for hiking, everyday use and whitetail hunting the east. Need a new pair of boots. My feet tend to run wide.

The Crispi Nevada is a fairly wide boot. I used Solomon quest 4d GTX boots until they changed their sizes and now they are too long and narrow for my feet. The Nevada was too loose for my feet in the regular width, but a lot of people love them. The width from the mid foot to the toes felt good but the heel was too loose for me. If I was simply walking and hiking I don’t think they would have been much of a problem.

Why those two boots? The fitment is going to be very different so it would be best to at least try to try each on and see how they fit you. The Crispi is going to be the better quality boot between the two. Personally I’d 86 the Salomon unless those just fit you well and look at the Lowa Renegade.

OP
U

USMC22

WKR
Why those two boots? The fitment is going to be very different so it would be best to at least try to try each on and see how they fit you. The Crispi is going to be the better quality boot between the two. Personally I’d 86 the Salomon unless those just fit you well and look at the Lowa Renegade.
Was trying to narrow down to something. All ears for a better alternative, even better if it’s higher quality.

Might want to look at the Crispi Thor II as a closer comparison to the Quest. I think they make the Thor II in a wide. Just wore mine this weekend for the first time hunting all day here in GA. Comfy and no blisters. Worth checking out.

The Salomons are very popular w/ my coworkers who work on timber and trail crews and such... the newer models have been falling apart fairly quickly. Fit is king, but buy Salomons somewhere with a good return policy.

Was trying to narrow down to something. All ears for a better alternative, even better if it’s higher quality.

Honestly the best thing you can do is just try on different boots to see what fits your foot the best, narrow it down to a few and then research them to see how the individual boots hold up and if the features meet your needs.

I'm not buying any more imported boots from anyone but REI with my Co-Op membership since I have a year to return them no questions asked. The last two years I've trashed a lot of imported boots and they don't hold up like they used to. I'm not sure if it's something else that the quality has suffered post covid or if manufacturers are just cutting corners to make stuff more profitable, but they don't hold up like they used to.

I have several friends who have bought Crispi's and were dissapointed and one of the local stores here in a hugely popular hiking area stopped carrying them this year because of issues too.

I'm giving USA made Danners a try currently. I've been wearing insulated elk hunters since it got cold and have at least 200 miles hiking on them now and they are excellent. I was hesitant about the air bob sole because if you read the internet you'll walk away thinking the sole will disintegrate the first time you step on a rock with them. I've been hiking in extremely rocky areas with them almost exclusively as well as wearing them as my general winter boot (I've worn them every day since I got them) so a lot of undocumented miles on concrete and asphalt too and the soles are wearing but not excessively. They haven't lost a single chunk of rubber though and they're probably the grippiest soles I've ever had. They even grip on wet submerged rocks in creek crossings with algae growth. I decided to give them a try because its what almost every USFS and NPS ranger I've ever come across wears and they're outside on trails and stuff for their job. They wouldn't wear them if they didn't hold up. The other thing I like about them is they come pretty flat with either no insole or their little half insole so they work great for any foot from flat footed, to high arch, you just ad the insole of your liking for your foot. I'm using the Superfeet 3/4 insole thats meant for dress shoes in mine.

I've got a 35% off coupon code for Danner and I plan on buying another pair of non insulated elk hunters and a pair of explorers for spring/summer/fall use.

The Crispi Nevada is a fairly wide boot. I used Solomon quest 4d GTX boots until they changed their sizes and now they are too long and narrow for my feet. The Nevada was too loose for my feet in the regular width, but a lot of people love them. The width from the mid foot to the toes felt good but the heel was too loose for me. If I was simply walking and hiking I don’t think they would have been much of a problem.
when did they change their sizes? these fit my feet perfectly

I think just in the last year or so. The most recent model is the new one but the previous version is the old one. I think there were 3 generations of the original fit and then changed it.

TheGDog

WKR
the newer (Salomon) models have been falling apart fairly quickly.
^^^THIS~! Prior pair... 3 years and a lot of hoofing. Subsequent 2 pairs? Pre-mature failure on sole on outside edge right about where it starts to taper back in towards the foots arch area.

Venom One

WKR
when did they change their sizes? these fit my feet perfectly

I can't speak to changes, but I recently bought a pair of Crispi Kenai (same as Nevada, but with top grain leather) and I would not call them wide at all. I have an average foot and they fit great.

I can't speak to changes, but I recently bought a pair of Crispi Kenai (same as Nevada, but with top grain leather) and I would not call them wide at all. I have an average foot and they fit great.
Sorry but I was referencing Solomon 4ds changing their sizing. I had a couple pairs of 4ds stashed bc they fit my foot so great, but disappointed that I'll have to try something else from now on

I have and use the Salomon Quest, and the Crispi Wyoming. The Salomon Quest were used daily (uniform S.O.) wear and are comfortable, but NOT waterproof. I have had 4 pair of the Salomons over the years, and none were waterproof. I am in the market to replace them, but Salomon redesigned them, and the have some type of strap on the outside. I don't care for the appearance, so I ended up finding some Kenetrek Corrie 3.2 in black on sale at Midway for $143. I tried them and liked them so much, I bought a second pair the next week. They are completely waterproof, and stand on your feet all day comfortable.
My Crispi Wyoming are very comfortable, totally waterproof, and I wear them only if I anticipate bad weather. Now my full-time go-to boot (daily uniform) is now the Kenetrek. Try checking at Midway, and you might like the sight of the Kenetrek Corrie 3.2 in black. Heck of a lot of boot for $143.

edited to ad: When I replied yesterday, Midway showed 9 pair of the Corrie at that price. Just checked it at 9:00 am, and now it shows "No Longer available, seasonal run". Glad I bought the extra pair when I did, I think they were a steal at $143, plus they came with a free pair of Kenetrek Gaiter

Last edited:
I have a voucher for a pair of Salomon, ill beat whatever price you find on an in stock size, pm me if interested

Sorry but I was referencing Solomon 4ds changing their sizing. I had a couple pairs of 4ds stashed bc they fit my foot so great, but disappointed that I'll have to try something else from now on
That was what I was worried about with the Salomons too. Not only did they add that ugly outer strap, they redesigned the boot so they probably fit different. I hope they did add some waterproofness to them, because they didn't in the older models that I have.

Patton

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 pair of Salomon’s and they are very comfortable but the lack of waterproof-ness is a deal breaker for me on future boots. Morning dew will completely soak through those boots.

What size were you wearing in the 4ds vs the Nevada's. I just started a new thread on replacing quest 4ds and sizing , but this info on the Nevada's will be helpful

What size were you wearing in the 4ds vs the Nevada's. I just started a new thread on replacing quest 4ds and sizing , but this info on the Nevada's will be helpful
I never kept the nevadas, but the 10.5 in the Nevada was about right length wise but felt winder than I would have liked. I had a 10.5 in the quest 4d as well

I have average with feet, have never worn anything wide or narrow, and the Crispi Nevadas fit great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk