Crispi Nevada insulated vs non

Baddog

WKR
Planning to wear primarily between 20 and 50 degrees. Would you go 200 grams insulated or non insulated?

bliner

FNG
I’d go non insulated. With good socks I’ve been comfortable in the mid teens without insulation in my nevadas, but I’m sure there are others that may get cold feet even with insulation in those temps since everyone’s bodies and perception of comfort varies.

Unless your bare feet get cold in the summer, I wouldn't consider insulated boots until you're spending most of your time in 20s and under temps.

Here in Vermont, the cold-susceptible ice fishers and late-season stand hunters wear 1200-gram insulation boots. Those are usually rubber. I bought my first pair of insulated boots at 400 grams last season, but that was just because there was a Danner sale I couldn't pass up. Darn Tough socks have kept my feet toasty for the past decade... including -17 days on Mt. Mansfield.

uninsulated, I wear my uninsulated crispi valdres down to single digits while hunting actively.

GR1NCH11

FNG
I just got a pair of uninsulated Nevadas. I was in the same boat picking insulated vs non. I hunt similar conditions primarily temps 20-50 with occasional colder days during deer rifle season (SW PA). The non insulated with a good sock will do the job on colder days I think.

Also I was comparing my # warm and mild days vs the # of cold (20 and below) days. I am way more often hunting in warm/mild conditions so I feel the insulated boot would be overkill.

The_Jim

Lil-Rokslider
I think the insulation just makes your feet sweat more and they actually end up being colder in the long run - definitely uninsulated.

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
While hunting in the snow I noticed my feet were getting wet and clammy. I thought it was because my boots were leaking. After some trial and error I discovered it was my feet sweating.

Now I am careful on the socks I use depending on the temperature and movement I plan for that hunting day. I also have been debating on trying products to reduce feet sweat.

I wouldn't be surprised if more people realized there cold feet was due to perspiration.

Moral of the story. I got the uninsulated recently and love them. If my feet are cold while glassing I will either get boot covers, put on light weight booties, or throw some feet warmers down there. But it will have to be very cold for me to get to that point.

Antiperspirant sprayed on your feet and wool socks regardless of whether you boots are insulated or non.
Then for Midwest style sitting I would go insulated, Western style hiking the whole hill (mountain) I go uninsulated usually. But I am female and our feet tend to run colder - different metabolism than yours most likely so then you gotta do the math.