Crispi Laponia vs Altidude/nevada

Jlowry809

FNG
I’m looking at getting a new pair of crispis and trying to limit how many returns I have to do. I am between a pair of Laponia 3 or Nevadas. I have primarily hunted Commifornia but doing a second season Colorado Elk Hunt this year. I have tried on a pair of nevadas and guides and they fit well but would like something with alittle lighter flex rating. I have tried the Altitudes since they were in stock at a local sportsman’s and after going a half size larger they fit but had odd hard spots along the foot, both mid foot favoring the inside and along the outside edge basically at the base of pinky toe. For those that have worn both are the Laponias more like the Nevada/Guide or more like the Altidude?

Last edited:

rm06

WKR
I wish I could help you out here but I've never owned or tried on any of the Lapponia models. I have owned the Nevada since 2011 and subsequently the Altitude as my current go-to. My feeling is the Altitude bridges the gap between a lightweight boot and something heavier duty without sacrificing support for heavy load outs.

Hopefully someone with experience with the Lapponia will be along shortly, they're obviously a popular boot.

matthewmt

WKR
I have the laponnia 2 and really love them. Bought a 2nd back up pair when they were changing to the 3s.
On an elk pack out the laponnia did great, I hunted them in a variety of weather conditions and was always happy with them.

I'm in northwest MT so typical rocky mountain terrain.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

dkim

FNG
I have the Lapponia 2 and also the Nevadas. Never tried the Altitude. For me, both the Lapponias and Nevadas are equally comfortable, but the lighter weight and flex of the Lapponias really is nice and less fatiguing. If the terrain is really rocky and uneven (like a trail with lots of golf balls size rocks and larger) I would prefer the stiffer Nevadas.

Samson7x

WKR
I currently have Nevada and lapponia. Previously had summits and returned the altitudes. The altitudes gave me pressure points on the toe so I sent them right back. Tried to downsize half size which was recommend and that didn’t work either. I would say toe box is similar between Nevada and lapponia. Construction is going to be more similar between lapponia and altitude obviously. Nevada significantly heavier with stiffer flex rating and more durable. Also has the ABSS in there which adds bulk and stiffness.

OP
J

Jlowry809

FNG
I currently have Nevada and lapponia. Previously had summits and returned the altitudes. The altitudes gave me pressure points on the toe so I sent them right back. Tried to downsize half size which was recommend and that didn’t work either. I would say toe box is similar between Nevada and lapponia. Construction is going to be more similar between lapponia and altitude obviously. Nevada significantly heavier with stiffer flex rating and more durable. Also has the ABSS in there which adds bulk and stiffness.
Were you the same size in Nevadas and Lapponias?

Samson7x

WKR
Were you the same size in Nevadas and Lapponias?

Good question, forgot to mention that. I’m 11.5 in Nevada and summits, sized down to 11 in Lapponia and altitudes. The 11.5 Lapponia had too much room and felt clown shoeish, 11 is just right. I wear 11.5 Nike for reference.

guitarpreston

Lil-Rokslider
I have the lapponia 1s, crossovers, and Nevadas, 10.5 in lapponia and 11.5 in crossover and Nevada. They each serve their own purpose but I don't find one any more comfortable than the other tbh. When I go hunt this year I will likely bring all 3 with me. Planning on starting with the Nevadas though.

Typically, if you don't like the Altitude fit then you will like the Lapponia. They have two very different toe boxes with the Altitude being narrower and the Lapponia being more standard width for us. Really the main difference between the Lapponia and Nevada would be stiffness, and the Nevada has the Ankle Bone Support System. Can't really go wrong with either. Light and fast with lots of flex go Lapponia. Little bit more support through the foot and ankle, and more of a traditional boot go Nevada.

OP
J

Jlowry809

FNG
I ended up going with the uninsulated nevadas and so far they have been pretty comfortable. Got a couple miles in the riverbed close to my house with a weighted pack and don’t have any complaints. Should have them finished breaking in by next week and will get a good 5-6 mile scouting/hike in the mountains. That should be a good test.