Crispi Lacing.... issue?

I have a set of thor’s and if i REALLY crank down i can get the locking lace to engage.

Just picked up a set of nevada’s and try as i will just cant get the locking eye to engage. anyone else had this problem or know of any solutions? i was looking at just bending them but not sure if the angle will still hold.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
I had the same problem with my Briksdahl's. Called crispi/blackovis and they said to bend them whichever way they needed to go. Not really the answer I wanted to hear but I opened mine up the best I could and it helped. Didn't "fix" the issue but it helped. They really need to change their locking eyelets to something that works correctly.

I had the Thors as well and sent them back do to this problem. I ordered the Summits and they lace up perfectly. The Thor just needs a lacing redesign but now that the Colorado GTX is out with the stiffer sole I don't see a need for the Thor.

I recently got a pair of the Thor’s and while the boot is very comfortable and fits well, I don’t know WTH crispi was thinking when they came up with the lacing system. That loops at the ankle is just plain retarded, you cinch up the area on top of your foot and then you can’t continue lacing the ankle up like every other single boot I’ve owned from a half dozen other quality boot makers because the tension you applied to the top of the foot keeps slipping. Trying to decide whether to keep them or send them back.

I'm glad to hear other people are having this issue too. Almost every time I lace up my Idaho's the lace pops out of the locker, super annoying. The boots are great once i get them on, I'll have to try bending that bracket and report back.

I passed on the Crispi's for that reason. To many black toenails not to care about a secure lace. Then again, Lowa can't seem to make a waterproof boot to save their lives.

Back