Crispi Colorado Lacing Issues

So I finally drank the Kool Aid and bought a pair of Crispi Colorado boots last spring. For the most part, I love them. They handle steep terrain very well and seem to fit my feet.

That said, I have a minor annoyance that I haven't been able to figure out. When I cinch down the laces, the metal Crispi buckle at the very bottom flips up and digs into the boot. This then makes a audible creak every time the boot flexes that's pretty darn loud.

I'm wondering if anyone has run into similar issues and what they did to fix it. I'm thinking about replacing the metal buckle with some beads.

boot.jpg

Took mine off two pairs. On my Nevada’s that little metal deal started to chew into the laces too, so probably is a good idea to take it off just to preserve your laces.

Evergreen

WKR
Never had any snagging problems not really sure what the real purpose of the metal is other than brand tagging!

Firehawk

WKR
Both my Nevadas and now my Colorados have had this same issue. It bugs me more than the boot for sure. But I was able to twist the shoelace inside the metal tag on the Nevada's to get them to work. I haven't had the Colorado's long enough to get fed up and finally twist the shoelace, but probably will tonight now that I am thinking about it.