Crispi Boots Fit?

Inquiring about how Crispi boots fit? I have narrow feet and an new into the western hunting game. I have some Scarpa's that I've worn for the last two years and the volume inside the boots is great. Very little movement inside the boots, and a nice narrow fit. Just trying to find something new as my Scarpa's aren't made anymore. If anyone could provide some insight. I am looking into the Crispi Altitudes for a possible upcoming Antelope hunt this fall.

Only have experience with one pair of Crispi's - the Thor II GTX which is a nice boot that fits great. I also have narrower feet and the Crispis fit just right. But I wouldn't want to use the Thors on a Wyoming antelope hunt since depending on where you will be hunting there is a lot of this stuff so an all leather boot might be best??

Not a great picture but those little cactus's are brutal!! Another option you might want to look at if they have your size is the Asolo Europe Hunter they sell at Sierra Trading Post. Got a pair of these last fall and they have been terrific boots especially for someone with a narrower foot. There is a thread on these for more info but for the price they are awesome IMHO.

Fullfan

WKR
Have two pr of the Idaho GTX II in 10.5. and one pr of Lapponia in 10.5. All fit true to size.

Paladin

Elk Masher Wannabe
I have the Thors, Lapponia II, and I think a pair of what were called Dakota's. I have a wide foot with a fairly high instep so I need the volume as well. All of the ones I have are the wide version but I think even the normal widths still have relatively good volume. I don't have any heel slip but don't get any heel pinch either, very comfortable. Depending on what stiffness you are after, of the the 3 I have listed, the Lapponia's have the most flexible sole but still offer very good ankle support.

Oilfieldmiller

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought a pair of Crispi Briksdal size 10 from another Rokslider. I wear a 10M in Kenetrek (multiple versions) and the toe box feels great.

The toe box on the Briksdal is way too narrow for my foot so I would say the Briksdal runs narrower than the Kenetreks. No experience with other models. I’ll be posting these up to sell soon. Great looking boot and may try a 10.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idaboy

WKR
I thought I had narrow feet but I think they are wider as I age....I have crispi twice now, if you are a little narrow and a boot too wide you can always make that up with socks or a thin dr shools gel insert....if boot too small you're screwed. I have one foot 1/2 size smaller than the other so I am always dealing with fit.. Had zamberlain, Danner, kenetrek....the crispi guides non insulated rock...on my second pair ( first pair still holding up after 3 seasons,but this was the best luck I had in 10 yrs of boots so I grabbed a second pair). I wanted to like the 2 pair of Schnees I had but just never could get the fit right. If you have an odd shaped foot go get custom orthotics made. Used my fsa account from work, they last forever and worth the 300 bucks. Sore feet on the mountain shut a hunt down pretty quickly.

ntc

FNG
Inquiring about how Crispi boots fit? I have narrow feet and an new into the western hunting game. I have some Scarpa's that I've worn for the last two years and the volume inside the boots is great. Very little movement inside the boots, and a nice narrow fit. Just trying to find something new as my Scarpa's aren't made anymore. If anyone could provide some insight. I am looking into the Crispi Altitudes for a possible upcoming Antelope hunt this fall.
I had to go with the wides because the regulars were a to small on my toes. So I would assume with a narrow foot you would be ok. Or a good insole might tighten them up a little more if needed.

Buy and wear in house so you can return

I have two pair of crispi and one pair Scheels beartooth and beartooth are great fit

I have narrow heel and wider forefoot

Canny

FNG
I needed a new pair of boots and do not have a Crispi dealer near me. Took a leap of faith and ordered some Valdez GTX 11.5 Med as that’s what I’ve always worn in other boots. The fit was spot on, very pleased with the purchase.

ElfOR

FNG
I own the Lapponia and Altitude. I much prefer the Altitude and it's my all-time favorite boot. I found both boots are true to size. I always toss the crappy stock insoles and find something better and fine-tune volume. I have a narrow foot and they work well.

i think Crispi tend to be on the narrow side compared to other brands, Great boot and I use the Nevada’s bird hunting.

golfbum

WKR
I have a low volume narrow foot. Just switching to crispi boots from Lowa boots. I had great luck with the Lowa Camino and baldo. Currently breaking in a pair of crispi briksdal pro’s and crossovers. So far so good. I will probably add an uninsulated pair of Briksdal at some point and maybe the altitude. Crispi recommended the those three boots for narrow feet

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I watched that video posted above and they say the Thor/Briksdal are on a narrower last.

Might feet might be narrower than I think? Typically what nixes boots for me is the toe box, rarely can I find one that is roomy enough- the Thor definitely is roomy enough without being sloppy in the heel and midsole area. A nice precise fit.

So maybe what I have is a narrow to normal heel to midfoot and then a wide forefoot?

Either way, the Thor's fit me perfectly (I have two pairs now that I rotate). I've put numerous 20 mile days in the mountains with these boots without even a hint of a hotspot; ditto with hauling heavy loads on rough terrain.