Creepy experiences in the backcountry

Real random, just wondering if anyone has any stories from backcountry hunts that were unexplainable, weird, or just plain scary?
IMG_9429.jpegNot so much “scary” but this was definitely an interesting find in an out of the way area. Thought someone was actually buried underneath until I read it

Superx3

FNG

gabenzeke

WKR

7mm-08

WKR

bpa556

Lil-Rokslider

I believe both of these are made up for print.

Story 1: No outdoorsman is leaving his/her only firearm in the truck while they sleep in a tent.

If you’re that guy…stay home. You have no business “possessing” a weapon or being alone in nature.

Story 2: Who in their right mind would leave a spot to report moldy leftovers to the cops?! If one did feel the urge to do so, why would you return to the same spot??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe both of these are made up for print.

Story 1: No outdoorsman is leaving his/her only firearm in the truck while they sleep in a tent.

If you’re that guy…stay home. You have no business “possessing” a weapon or being alone in nature.

Story 2: Who in their right mind would leave a spot to report moldy leftovers to the cops?! If one did feel the urge to do so, why would you return to the same spot??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They got both of the stories from that article off of reddit...

Still, this thread needed a bump so I figured it was worth posting.

def90

WKR
Rabbit Valley is pretty close to Grand Junction and I could easily see some meth heads living out of their cars out in that area. A lot of rolling land and nooks and crannies to disappear in to.

Was our elk hunting with my buddy last night, we got back to camp and got our stuff ready for this morning before settling in for dinner. As soon as we started eating, I heard footsteps outside the tent. Sounded like a person walking by which would be unusual since hadn’t seen anyone. Whatever it was moved off and we continued to eat and talk. After eating we were falling asleep and heard the footsteps again, this time is brushed up against the tent. This continued through the night, we’d hear footsteps, it would brush the tent, someone would yell and it would move off. Not sure what it was but it had no fear of us. Woke up in the morning and the trunk of my jeep was open, I don’t remember leaving it open. It’s possible I left it open but we’ll never know. Nothing from the car was missing including food that was out.

Wolfshead

Lil-Rokslider
Great thread!
I’m hesitant to say that I’ve had no creepy experiences to date, and happily able to say that.
Probably jinxed myself….😳

rebels20

FNG
Was our elk hunting with my buddy last night, we got back to camp and got our stuff ready for this morning before settling in for dinner. As soon as we started eating, I heard footsteps outside the tent. Sounded like a person walking by which would be unusual since hadn’t seen anyone. Whatever it was moved off and we continued to eat and talk. After eating we were falling asleep and heard the footsteps again, this time is brushed up against the tent. This continued through the night, we’d hear footsteps, it would brush the tent, someone would yell and it would move off. Not sure what it was but it had no fear of us. Woke up in the morning and the trunk of my jeep was open, I don’t remember leaving it open. It’s possible I left it open but we’ll never know. Nothing from the car was missing including food that was out.
You heard someone walking by your tent two different times and didnt bother to look out or check on your stuff?

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I observed a visual anomaly in my thermal spotter that gave me the creeps.

I know it wasn't real but since the experience I find my thoughts turning to what it would be like to encounter an entity that is never seen but once you see it it starts interacting with you.

It got me thinking about a realm I call "Thermal World".

There is no moon in thermal world. It's too far away to show a heat signature.

There are no reptiles in thermal world. They are the same temperature as their surroundings.

And so on.

The glitch got my mind turning about other things that are a little off in...Thermal World.