Credo 3-9x40 mounting length on a tikka

caramon

FNG
Hi friends,

I ordered a 3-9x40 green mil square credo and am wondering if anyone can shed some light on how far back you can mount it with UM or sportsmatch rings to still ensure proper ejection on a 223 rem t3x. I don't really want to use a rail and rings but will have to I guess if it's too short to move it back far enough.

Thanks

Weldor

WKR
I ended up using a rail on my SA Savage. Needed to get it farther to the rear for me.

Macintosh

WKR
Maybe someone with one mounted on a tikka can chime in. Its going to depend a little on you. I have that scope on a kimber that has talley lightweight 1-piece mounts, that worked fine with the front mount turned around. Holding a tikka up next to it, it looks like there is some room, but I dont have UM rings. My guess is with the adjustable pin in the UM rings you will have room. They might actually know firsthand if you call or email them?

Arent the UM rings only 30 and 34mm though? You’re probably limited to sportsmatch of the two you mentioned. Correct me if Im wrong but I dont think the sportsmatch rings have a pin, so you can slide the front ring back as far as you want.

bnsafe

WKR
I dont know the size of a credo, but I mounted my 3x9x40 accupoint with sportsmatch rings with no issues at all