Coyote brown or foliage green

frankrb3

WKR
I think it's funny that you guys see coyote as a tactical color. I did all nine of my deployments wearing ranger green kit.

Other than blouse and trousers, almost all marine corps tactical gear is coyote brown. Plate carrier, mag/grenade pouches, packs, ifak, hydrations pouches, even our boots. I would have to say almost every company making tactical gear offers it in coyote brown because it is widely accepted as a tactical color. Definitely seen a lot more coyote brown than ranger green on my deployments, and that was across all branches of service. But I was just a regular grunt, not special forces like everyone else these days.

By the way, thank you for your service and sacrifice. That's a lot of time spent overseas for all of us.

Last edited:
That was long ago, 2002-2008. I agree everyone is coyote brown or multicam now.

As for the pack, good luck. It's like choosing ford/chevy, Kifaru/Exo, etc....

DWinVA

WKR
I went with foliage since I hunt Whitetail deer here in VA. I think it also fits in a little better in then none hunting world, off-season hiking, airports etc.

God Bless.

Last edited:

Pardner

FNG
I buy all colors and most camo if the price is right on the forums and the secondary market. If I decide I want a new one or am buying direct/full price, I almost always buy brown (mc is 2nd). Just a great base color and for my use blends the best in all the situations I care about.

Akicita

WKR
20161020_080155_zpsknhagcy9.jpg

yhc

WKR
Another vote for RG. I just sold my Timberline 1 in MC and when the time came to purchase a new pack I went with Reckoning in RG.

Regards,

My Kifaru pack is wolf grey. It seems to have a green-ish hue if that makes any sense at all. Kind of like the Army ACU colors. I picked it because it doesn't look completely like a hunting pack if I find myself amongst non hunters during backpacking and scouting trips. But I would say that it would lend itself well to an urban setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
I've felt both Coyote and Foliage blend in good in Central to Western Colorado with the upper hand going to Coyote. Tactically I don't think Ranger Green will be any better than Coyote. It sure looks nice though.

I just recently bought a Ranger Green AMR to replace my CB EMR II. I really like the look of the contrasting PALS on the Ranger Green Kifaru packs. For just a EDC use than I prefer Ranger Green as it doesn't scream military as quick as CB.

For hunting I prefer camo patterns for archery season when I don't want to look like a deer walking through the woods but usually buy whatever is on sale (and in stock at Kifaru), and have a mismatch of Mandrake, Multicam, CB, and Ranger Green pouches, packs, and lids.