Cooper Landing Hunt

Hey guys, me and a buddy are going black bear hunting around coopers landing early September. I know there are a few cabins near the lakes for rent. Do you think getting one would be a good idea? I have watched what I can about black bear hunting. Any help would be appreciated. I will be coming from Fairbanks and my buddy from Texas. Just trying to get a general idea on maybe where to park and where to start or glass. Thanks Guys

The forest service cabins are nice. I think you’d have a hard time finding one that’s available now. During the week maybe but any weekends are gonna be full. Most of them you have to book 6 months ahead. But keep checking because people do cancel reservations. I went to a couple of them the end of May looking for a black bear. Didn’t see anything up high. I’d imagine in September you’d find more up higher on berries.

The forest service cabins are nice. I think you’d have a hard time finding one that’s available now. During the week maybe but any weekends are gonna be full. Most of them you have to book 6 months ahead. But keep checking because people do cancel reservations. I went to a couple of them the end of May looking for a black bear. Didn’t see anything up high. I’d imagine in September you’d find more up higher on berries.
Yeah I just looked there pretty booked out until September. Thank you for the tips!

Back