Coolers

Looking for a 100-150qt rotomolded cooler, what is out there that’s good quality besides yeti? I was going to (and still may) get a canyon, but they are sold out everywhere.

what other brands are out there that are good quality?

CorbLand

WKR
I have had good luck with the Lost Creeks that are sold at Sportsmans Warehouse. They have redesigned them since I bought mine and don't know if they changed materials or anything.

I will say, which you probably already know, but rotomolded coolers are heavy. The 100-150 quarts are big and hard to move around alone.

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Grizzly 40 and Rtic 65. I like them both but the Rtic more. Mainly due to size. Buddy just grabbed a Grizzly 400 from Sportsmans in Salem for our Wyoming trip this year. 90lbs empty!

WCB

WKR
Find one of the least expensive ones and your good to go. I have an Rtic., Yeti, and Outerbox. Only complaint on any of them is the handles on the Otterbox...otherwise they are all the sameish and do the same job.

Here's a list I compiled a couple years ago when shopping for a large rotomolded cooler. I'm sure the pricing is out of date, but it will at least give you some brand names to research. I ended up buying an Rtic 110 at a charity auction at work and have been happy with it.
Screenshot_20210621-145841.png

BBob

WKR
I have several RTIC from the original roto molded to their soft coolers. I use the soft coolers all the time and tend to grab those for 1-3 day trips. I've owned a 65 hard side for about 5 years and a 45 for about 2, no issues.

Edit: It wasn't asked but the soft coolers do remarkably well retaining ice and keeping things cool.

Last edited:
OP
roosiebull
I have had good luck with the Lost Creeks that are sold at Sportsmans Warehouse. They have redesigned them since I bought mine and don't know if they changed materials or anything.

I will say, which you probably already know, but rotomolded coolers are heavy. The 100-150 quarts are big and hard to move around alone.
They are heavy for sure... that’s actually a “pro” for me, and part of the idea behind needing one. I fish alone a lot in my sled, and it’s a little light in the bow when it’s just me... trolling in the wind is a pain, so I’m looking at ways to get some weight in the bow... a heavy cooler is perfect... now I’m putting a pump on my boat, so it’s getting another 140lbs on the stern, so the need will be even more when I pick my boat up next week.

of course a big cooler is multi purpose, so I’m trying to find that right dimension... yeti doesn’t have any that interest me, so I’m looking for other brands to research

CorbLand

WKR
They are heavy for sure... that’s actually a “pro” for me, and part of the idea behind needing one. I fish alone a lot in my sled, and it’s a little light in the bow when it’s just me... trolling in the wind is a pain, so I’m looking at ways to get some weight in the bow... a heavy cooler is perfect... now I’m putting a pump on my boat, so it’s getting another 140lbs on the stern, so the need will be even more when I pick my boat up next week.

of course a big cooler is multi purpose, so I’m trying to find that right dimension... yeti doesn’t have any that interest me, so I’m looking for other brands to research
Makes sense. As long as you don't have to move them or have some one to help, they aren't bad but if you have to move them around a lot, its better to get two 80 quarters than one 160.

OP
roosiebull
On a side note, looking at different options, I ordered a RTIC soft cooler today, they have a good sale right now if anyone is looking... thinking about ordering their 145 hard cooler too, but looks like it won’t show up for awhile

Becoming a fan of my artic soft side. Read a lot of good things and ordered one up. The build quality is quite the same as my yeti hopper but it doesn’t suck. So far so good. Makes me want to try their rotomolded bigger coolers.