Cooking Summer Sausage , Smoker or pellet grill?

The pellet grill I have won’t go low enough I really like to start them out 140-150 and slowly increase my pellet grill won’t go below 215. The first time I tried it ever I used the pellet grill and it melted all the fat out

go_deep

WKR
We do several smoked meats, but our summer sausage isn't one of them. We put summer sausage in the oven at the lowest temp setting, actually like it better than on the smoker.

Home made stainless steel one with a electric burner in it, soak the wood chips,place in a stainless steel bowl set on the burner. Adjust the temp setting and close the door. Might have 75 dollars in the set up and been using it for years, ocassionaly need to re-place the burner.

The pellet grill I have won’t go low enough I really like to start them out 140-150 and slowly increase my pellet grill won’t go below 215. The first time I tried it ever I used the pellet grill and it melted all the fat out
Your pellet grill has an issue

How low does yours constantly maintain temperature? I’ve tried on a camp chef and 2 traegers and never got a good consistent burn under 200, certainly never seen one in the 130-180 range
I have a Lousiana Grill. I had Traegers. My Lousiana will easily do 130in the main compartment. The best I ever got from a traeger was 140. I use to buy them from a liqudator and sell them. Traeger was much more unreliable compared to Lousiana, in my experience. However, Traeger has made a few upgrades since my experience with them.

I have a Lousiana Grill. I had Traegers. My Lousiana will easily do 130in the main compartment. The best I ever got from a traeger was 140. I use to buy them from a liqudator and sell them. Traeger was much more unreliable compared to Lousiana, in my experience. However, Traeger has made a few upgrades since my experience with them.
Interesting, I kinda gave up on pellet grill for low temp smoking but that range is perfect I usually start 130-140 and finish 180 I ended up getting a cook shack used for cheap and use that for low temp stuff