Constant peep twist

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I‘ve always had the same experience with ABB strings.
A peep that won't stay straight at rest, or twists as you pull the string back is pretty darn frustrating for sure. But I've had pretty good success with most every aftermarket string I've ever bought. The worst one I've ever had was a Winner's Choice set. I went round and round with them on that set, they were horrible.

I actually have a set of 62x on one bow and they're fine. The best string set I've ever had was a set of Prolines, and 62x bought Proline sometime after that. I replaced that set just because they were about 7 years old I think, and were really dirty. The peep and my cams etc never moved a bit during that time.

FlyGuy

WKR
That can be very frustrating! Right now my peep is lining up perfectly and it’s so nice not to have to mess with it before drawing.

Here is a product you might check out. I guess this guy can be somewhat controversial, but the product looks legit for curing peep alignment for good.

“What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit.“

Chief Seattle

bsnedeker

WKR
That can be very frustrating! Right now my peep is lining up perfectly and it’s so nice not to have to mess with it before drawing.

Here is a product you might check out. I guess this guy can be somewhat controversial, but the product looks legit for curing peep alignment for good.

“What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit.“

Chief Seattle
Literally any string silencer can do the same thing. Don't support that feminine hygiene product of a human being.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
With peep twist these are solutions and tips I've used...

Push peep up or down string which rotates it slightly. But this is fine tuning as you don't want it to be beyond where you are comfortable shooting.

Add twist , or half twist, to string.

If peep is tied in to the string above and below, pushing the tied ends closer together or further apart can fine tune location.

Ensure the center serving is served in the correct direction. Serving in the wrong direction can cause a rotation everytime you draw your bow that no matter what you do, it will twist. The tension used to serve the string also matters.

Let strings go through a heat cycle, cold and warm.

Properly wax your string.

Keep twisting the d loop and peep to be where it's needed. Sometimes this fixes it, but not always.

As end servings set in to the cams, the string will move a bit. This depends on a lot of factors. Generally the better your string is built, the less will happen. Usually the solution to this is to set the peep and shoot it quite a bit, then to either pull the peep and reset, or twist up the string.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
Well, if you're referring to 60x, at the time "They were the strings to get" so I got a pair a few years back, but them on, 300 plus shots, (months) and I'm bear hunting and wala......... twist. So, if 60x is the issue, fair enough, but I've heard way to many people say "Good strings don't twist" when yes, they do in my experience. It's just when will they stop.

If a guy doesn't have a press, and is relying on the shop to keep it straight, it can be frustrating. I've shot a compound with a rubber tube for I don't know, maybe 15 years and never had one issue at all, and that I can say with absolute certainty.
I'm not sure why, but there are some bows because of the cam system and string configuration that a tube is required. I've only encountered this a couple of times. But it's usually on lower end or youth bows.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
This has helped me the most. The double leg is kind of overkill. Just going down two of the legs is sufficient. This is how Gillingham, Perkins, and Douglas tie in theirs.