considering a last minute optics change

Blockcaver is spot on. The 10x42 binoculars, spotting scope and phone scope is all you need for your sheep hunt. A good attitude, good boots and good shooting skills will help too. Good luck and enjoy your hunt.

Mackey

FNG
Sitting there on your once in a lifetime hunt waiting your turn to look through a spotter is a situation I promised myself I would never repeat. Take the spotter. Good luck on your hunt!!

If you are wanting to cut weight, check out the Kowa 554/553
I was thinking the same thing. Love my Kowa 554!

IBen

Lil-Rokslider
^ that's kind of what I was thinking. 15's might be a little better at finding white dots far away, but I've had pretty good luck picking up stuff w/ my 10's on a tripod.

I've considered leaving the spotter behind to shave 3 lbs, but at the same time I think I might regret not having it on long glassing sessions?????????
Bring it with you, you never know what could happen out there. It can be stashed at the runway camp with salt and whatever else. Make it a game time decision. If your guide takes a fall and smashes his you can go back ans get yours, or a tripod failure ect. I think you’re probably light enough to take it and still have a lower packweight that your guide