Connecting sleeping bag to pad

Vangysway

FNG
Is anyone familiar with any other ways to connect a sleeping bag with a pad? I’ve been without a good bag for a bit now (mostly hunt in So Cal) but I’ve been using my wife’s bag on colder hunts and it’s been a game changer to have the sleeping pad sleeve: Big Agnes Bag. Any other bags that have this or ways to connect bags that don’t? Thanks in advance…

I'm a fan of Big Agnes, and those are the bags that I'm running if I'm not using a quilt. I also personally prefer synthetic, except for some treated down quilts.

To answer the original question though: there are companies that make adhesive button patch sets or adhesive loop patch sets. You then either snap the edges of the bag onto the pad or lace it on with shock cord. You could always use adhesive velcro as well.

Good to know and thanks for your reply. Out of curiousity, what Big Agnes bag do you run?

I'm a pretty static back sleeper, so I don't mind a mummy bag style (which are a pretty efficient form factor too). I have a couple of the BA Lost Dog series in different temps, because I do prefer synthetic. I also have the Outdoor Vitals Stormloft Down Topquilt and a couple of Arrowhead Equipment quilts insulated with Apex synthetic. If I'm out, it's as likely to be raining and/or humid as it is dry... If I was functioning in a drier environment or primarily below freezing, I may prefer down for it's insulation/compressible properties... I'll also typically run a bag liner to keep my bag cleaner and increase its temp rating slightly.

There are quilts (specially Stone Glacier) that have the connections to keep bag underneath ya (looks like stretchy nylon straps).

I assume you could have a good seamstress sew on backing to your bag and then sew on the stretchy nylon straps to that.

Good luck. I always slide around one and off my pad, even on flat ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoythews71

Lil-Rokslider
Nemo Argali. Basically half quilt, half sleeping bag with an attached pad sleeve.

On a different bag I have, I put the pad inside the bag with me and have had better results than just using it as advertised and hoping to stay on it through the night.

Nemo Argali. Basically half quilt, half sleeping bag with an attached pad sleeve.

On a different bag I have, I put the pad inside the bag with me and have had better results than just using it as advertised and hoping to stay on it through the night.

The Argali is difficult to find now though... Most quilts have pad straps, and I do prefer a sewn footbox unless it's really warm out.

Kostrize

WKR
The Canis Alaska bags have a similar sleeve to the Big Agnes designs. Some other nice features too. No personal experience with them but their other gear is high quality

MthwSdmn

FNG
I use small diameter shock chord. My feathered friends had points I found convenient to attach. Then just have some larger loops to slide the pad thru