Connecting 3/4" webbing to 1" webbing?

Anyone have some ideas on how to do this effectively? I am wanting to do this on a few different packs for several reasons and purposes. I have searched around some without much sucess.

muleman

WKR
Not sure what the weight requirements are or if there are any life safety concerns. But you could run both the 3/4" and the 1" through a 1" three bar slider. Then back feed both tag ends to lock them in place. One tag end, presumably the 3/4" would be back feed on the top and the 1" tag end on the bottom.

muleman

WKR
There is also the water knot which is designed to join flat webbing. I'm not sure if there are any issues with different sizes of webbing.

OP
doverpack12
I think the three bar slider may work. I would really like to find a buckle or something that is 1" on one side and 3/4" on the other. A 1" buckle might work not sure if it will slip or not. Gonna put a Kifaru grab-it on another pack with smaller webbing. Figured out how to attach the bottom its just the top cinch straps I'm working on. Won't be able to try it until the grab-it arrives.

bbrown

WKR
Have you looked into swapping out the 3 bar sliders for K/G hooks? I did that for my MR Dragonslayer and it worked out slick.

OP
doverpack12
I considered it the K-connector adapter kit is just $17 more dollars, but that may be the answer

OP
doverpack12
I just ordered a dozen from mil spec monkey and sewed them in place of the 3 bar sliders. I think they ended up costing about the same but I had 8 extra that I used to swap all the auto lock buckles off the MR pack which was a great upgrade.

I may have to try that. Ordered some from the ops deck because mill spec monkey was out.