Concrete tarp for cold weather?

jblam

Lil-Rokslider
Been trying to get some concrete work done mid winter (I give up, thanks snow), and a thought occurred to me, would an insulated concrete tarp help with insulation when camping in cold weather? For reference, i am specifically thinking about buying an insulated concrete tarp to drape over my canvas tent when hunting in late October - December. I already throw a normal tarp over the tent to keep the water / snow moving off the tent and add a layer of protection, so why not use an insulated one? I know they are bigger / heavier, but if its just going in the back of the truck, why not? Has anyone tried this??

I believe that they are r-2 max.
What is the r-value of canvas?

I'm sure a concrete blanket over your tent would help hold heat, especially if you run some sort of heater/stove.

I always thought about snagging one for a ground sheet but they are slippery as shit.

Agross

WKR
They are extremely slippery. I imagine it would help using one but as soon as they get a hole or tear they soak up water and can be a PITA.

Guys that I got to know Sheep hunting in Canmore had a Montana canvas relite wall tent with a sewn in floor. They set up with an insulated tarp under the floor. They had just a regular tarp pitched as a fly over top of the wall tent. This was in the end of November with -30 C nights.