Conceal carry holsters- what brand do you like?

0774FF42-ECC0-4BCC-B091-5D80E3F3A95D.jpegKnow you already purchased, but for anyone else that’s interested:

-the new Glock 43X hides extremely well, has a grip you can get your entire hand around and the standard mag carries 10 rounds. It is light, has a short barrel and that makes it trickier to shoot well than, say, a G19...but for a pistol easy to hide, comfortable to carry and carrying more than a 6-shot revolver, it’s a sound choice. And it’s a Glock...ugly as sin, goes bang every time. This is a recent upgrade from a Kahr P9, which I carried for years, but it was a change for the better.

-the Vedder Light Tuck with claw is also a great choice. This one is new, so I’ve only been carrying it a couple days, but I think it’s going to be go-to in shorts and t-shirt weather. The G43X in this holster appendix-carried disappears completely and is very comfortable.

-I have a Remora. It works, but it’s so non-traditional I don’t use it much.

I don’t believe in carry guns and holsters “in rotation”. Find something that works and stick with it. If you make a change, make the change and shelve the old gear. Yeah, it feels like a waste, but IMO familiarity trumps playing with all your neat gear every time. (I admit when I go to jeans and flannel I put the small pistol away and move to a Glock 19.}

OP
F
View attachment 103809Know you already purchased, but for anyone else that’s interested:

-the new Glock 43X hides extremely well, has a grip you can get your entire hand around and the standard mag carries 10 rounds. It is light, has a short barrel and that makes it trickier to shoot well than, say, a G19...but for a pistol easy to hide, comfortable to carry and carrying more than a 6-shot revolver, it’s a sound choice. And it’s a Glock...ugly as sin, goes bang every time. This is a recent upgrade from a Kahr P9, which I carried for years, but it was a change for the better.

-the Vedder Light Tuck with claw is also a great choice. This one is new, so I’ve only been carrying it a couple days, but I think it’s going to be go-to in shorts and t-shirt weather. The G43X in this holster appendix-carried disappears completely and is very comfortable.

-I have a Remora. It works, but it’s so non-traditional I don’t use it much.

I don’t believe in carry guns and holsters “in rotation”. Find something that works and stick with it. If you make a change, make the change and shelve the old gear. Yeah, it feels like a waste, but IMO familiarity trumps playing with all your neat gear every time. (I admit when I go to jeans and flannel I put the small pistol away and move to a Glock 19.}
That's kind of my plan too. I don't like to change up very often.

What is the little extra tab on the holster?

Does anyone have a good stiff belt they can recommend? I don't like my leather belt.

That's kind of my plan too. I don't like to change up very often.

What is the little extra tab on the holster?

Does anyone have a good stiff belt they can recommend? I don't like my leather belt.

Try these guys, I’ve used them for years. https://agcustomgunleather.com/

The tab is called a ‘claw’. Fairly new innovation designed to torque your pistol butt back against your torso, reducing or eliminating the print. This one is pretty effective.

MIKEYB

WKR

Another option for anyone looking. I don't own one. but they have some nice looking appendix rigs. Small outfit, run by x-police officer. lead times can be a little lengthy.

Currently using one off ebay, does the job, I would prefer to have one with a extra mag.

I bought a few propper nylon belts on tacticalgear, cheap and do the job. camo and solid reversible. they will get more flexible over time.

jhim

FNG
If you want to go AIWB with a spare mag, you should look at the Tier 1 Concealed Axis Slim. Its a top of the line holster with all the features that help with concealment while carrying appendix. It has a claw, and a flex point between the gun and mag. I just picked one up for my G29 with a TLR-7 and it ran like $160. Its expensive but worth it.

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
If you want to go AIWB with a spare mag, you should look at the Tier 1 Concealed Axis Slim. Its a top of the line holster with all the features that help with concealment while carrying appendix. It has a claw, and a flex point between the gun and mag. I just picked one up for my G29 with a TLR-7 and it ran like $160. Its expensive but worth it.

How’s it hold the weight? That’s a hefty like 3 pounds between gun mag and light.

jhim

FNG
It holds the weight just fine, its got a wide foot print that distributes the weight well. I think a good belt is more important in being able to hold the weight. I wear a Beltman Double Bull Hide with a steel reinforcer. If your belt is flimsy you're going to have a tough time regardless of the gun/holster setup.

jhim

FNG
How’s it hold the weight? That’s a hefty like 3 pounds between gun mag and light.

Also for science, my holster, gun, light, and spare mag are 3lbs 2.9oz. You were damn close with that guess.