Conceal Carry holster options while backpacking?

Looks like this good be a nice piece for when I don’t need the extra room of the HPG kit bag. It would be hard for me to give up the kit bag for hunts, as I have the bino pouch on mine now.

OP
C

Chaplain

FNG
I like the idea of carrying on the chest but hiking in the heat of the southwest makes me think it will be to hot. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4th_point

WKR
365XL with MRDS in the Hill People Medium Recon. Plus their binocular pouch attached to the front of the Recon, along with pouch for LRF.

Medium Recon will also hold a 4.25" M&P Pro CORE.

4th_point

WKR
I also use the Hill People fanny pack, snubby size, with the 365XL but prefer the Medium Recon overall for that application.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Hill People Gear Kit Bag. Good access, does not interfere with a pack, useful for other things.

4th_point

WKR
Hill People Gear Kit Bag. Good access, does not interfere with a pack, useful for other things.

I carry a 7" tablet in the Medium Recon. It's awesome for navigation compared to a phone.

I also use the Recon to hold ammo and 10/22 magazines when shooting sage rats. I can top off and reload mags while keeping my eyes on the field.

With the binocular pouch and LRF pouch mounted to the front it looks a little goofy and bulky, but I like the versatility compared to a standard bino chest purse.

4th_point

WKR
Hill People Gear chest pack for sure. Original Kit Bag or the SAR Kit Bag. Another benefit it provides is you can "dock" the kit bag to your backpack making the chest pack feel nearly weightless.

https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1/ProductID/71

https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1/ProductID/94
I've had the HPG Kit Bag for several years, but just started using the lifter straps recently. Makes a huge difference with sidearm, binoculars, LRF, and everything else in the bag. Just have to release the two grimlocs to undock from backpack straps.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I carry a 7" tablet in the Medium Recon. It's awesome for navigation compared to a phone.

I also use the Recon to hold ammo and 10/22 magazines when shooting sage rats. I can top off and reload mags while keeping my eyes on the field.

With the binocular pouch and LRF pouch mounted to the front it looks a little goofy and bulky, but I like the versatility compared to a standard bino chest purse.
I have thought about trying that setup for binoculars. If my Super Redhawk fit in the Kit Bag, I would have already done it.

4th_point

WKR
The binocular pouch isn't perfect, but it works. The top flap flips back, and not forward. And there's no retention feature to keep it open, if that's what is desired. Still, the whole setup works good enough. I don't think I've seen the perfect setup yet!

OP
C

Chaplain

FNG
This thread could use more pictures of what you guys have.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FHF Gear makes a pretty nice chest rig that seems like a good option. I have been eyeing it but haven't made the purchase yet. I am leaning toward open carry holster attached under my FHF bino harness.

Nik

Lil-Rokslider
I was going to mention the HPG chest rig, but it's been mentioned a few times already.

Works good for a pistol, as well as some snacks and your phone all for easy access.