Conceal Carry holster options while backpacking?

Chaplain

FNG
I've found some threads on backpacking holsters but none for conceal carry. Looking for ccw holster options while backpacking. For those non-hunting weekend/week hikes were you don't want people you meet on trail to see your carrying or even people in your group that don't need to know. Doesnt have to be super fast draw, but perfer something where I dont have to remove pack to retrieve.
Superior Wilderness Design pack has small removable pockets on belt so maybe some larger waist pocket option? What are you guys using?

CCW is compact SIG 356 xl.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don’t use a holster, I put my pistol between the pads on my waistbelt and it’s out of the way, out of sight. I can get to it if I need to. I am using a MR guide light frame and a Glock 19 or 17.

BLJ

WKR
My 365 (not XL) will fit in the front pocket of an AGC Denali. Spare mag in the side pouch. I'll often wear it under my pack so even if I take my pack off for a break, I still have access to my pistol.

Hill People Gear chest rig. Get the one with attachment points on the front and put things that draw attention to them and not what may be in the bag. I wear one fishing all the time and have pliers and other fishing stuff stuck in the loops on the front. Works like a charm. Anyone who knows what the bag is really for wont care anyway. Put survival gear in the pockets or binos on the front. It also ensures the firearm is always on your body and not in your pack when you take it off.

I don’t care for my boomer to be on my pack. I spend too much time separated from it in a particular trip.

my go to is a hill people gear Fanny / waist pack worn in front below my pack belt. They have two sizes. One is good for a subcompact (p365 / SW642) and the medium will do a compact - g19. I use mine for a p365xl with an rmr. i have a kydex holster that rides in mine along with an extra mag, TQ, light and some other goodies.

68Plexi

WKR
I use this on my pack hip belt when I’m hiking in areas with heavy traffic. Just looks like another pocket. Easy to get into and has room/strap for an extra magazine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the Eberlestock bino harness might be an option. Or any bino harness with the pistol in place of where the binos go.

OP
C

Chaplain

FNG
Fannypack ftw

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
I know this is probably one of the better option function wise but I really don't want to wear a fannypack.

OP
C

Chaplain

FNG
A lot of good options here. Thank you for all the input.

This is what you want. I got one a few weeks ago for fathers day and I love it. Has straps to convert to a chest pack. Fits my G43 perfectly.