Comparison in vortex razor models

tlav21

FNG
Does anyone have any comparisons between the "gen 1" and "2"? Gen 1 gray and green being 20-60x85 and gen 2 all green being 27-60x85. The gen 1 is quite a bit cheaper.. Thanks

I didn’t notice much of difference in the glass but I much prefer the gen 1 dual focus. May not pack as well but it’s just what I’m most comfortable with

Gen 1 fine focus is where its at. The focus ring on the gen 2 may have the cool factor of swaro scopes but getting that perfectly focused image is near impossible when you have to move the entire scope to adjust the focus.

I believe there are a few comparison videos on YouTube. I have G2 of both of the models and they are both very nice to me.

Besides the glass quality, the focus is in a different place as well. I bought a 22-48 to go with the 27-60 because one of the boards was basically giving it away, and I couldn't resist. I live where I have a spotting scope up all of the time.

I think the gen 2 have a little better clarity but I prefer the gen 1 focus system, if the price different is significant I would have no problem buying the older generation

Ive had both. Not much different to the glass. Looks same clarity wise, however, the fine focus on the gen 1 is preferable.

If you wanted that single focus mechanism, I’d tell you to get the athlon ares at a better price point and you’ll save yourself some money and have solid glass that’s comparable.

I haven’t used Gen 2 but I’m pretty sure Gen 1 is China and Gen 2 is U.S with supposedly better glass. I also like the dual focus on Gen 1 but glass it didn’t have a wow factor but got the job done. It was comparable with an Athlon Ares to my eyes.

I haven’t used Gen 2 but I’m pretty sure Gen 1 is China and Gen 2 is U.S with supposedly better glass. I also like the dual focus on Gen 1 but glass it didn’t have a wow factor but got the job done. It was comparable with an Athlon Ares to my eyes.
I was surprised to see my Gen 2 was US and not china.

I really like that they did that. The Gen 2 also has that wide field of view I’ve heard but never tried. You happy with the Gen 2?
Yeah, I have been super impressed with it. My previous spotter was the 85mm Viper HD gen 2. I wanted something lighter so I picked up the 65mm Razor Gen 2. Its really nice.

Back