Comcast Business Shenanigans

- Rant mode on, leave now or enjoy the wah, wah

Just a heads up on how they did business with me (in Charleston, SC). This is for business internet services.

After my first year they added $20 to my service, which was not unexpected. No notice and absolutely zero text anywhere notifying me of the change; just an increase in costs for my "Comcast 75 meg" plan. No problem. I knew it was coming. Would have liked a legal notification or literally any notice on the change in my monthly bill, but I knew it was coming.

First month of second year they go up another $50 a month. No notice. No documentation or justification for the change. Just a little secret change. I don't see it in my bill email notices, because they don't put the amount in those. You have to actually click and go to the website to view the bill. Didn't actually realize it for a few months. I'm a busy person. I expect a legal notice if you change my bill. And the new bills also have absolutely no text regarding the change. It just changed.

I replaced them with much faster internet from Wow!, waited a month to evaluate the Wow! service during the period where I could cancel it, and it is awesome. Called Comcast to cancel and they put me on with one of their special negotiators who literally loved bombed me by calling me "the Amazing Mike" and the "Incredible Awesome Mike", etc. Do they think I'm 7? Did we once sleep together?

Hired gun realized pretty quickly I was gone so pulled all the stops and offered me $500 and 12 months at $70. I'm already much lower than that and for faster service. I was nice but made it clear we were done and to not waste any more of her or my time.

Going even one month at the new rate is my fault for not reviewing the bill, but sneaky bullshit on the part of Comcast, as there are no specific increases noted in my original agreement with them beyond the $20 change after the first year. Very AT&T-like, and I canned them for the same behavior years ago.

- Rant mode off

JeffP_Or

WKR
Similar experience from the residential customer here on the west coast.
  • Rates raised; called them - "Notification was made in billing statement two month ago."
  • Reasoning: "Service improvements and expansion in your neighborhood". They claimed the 1-gig service was being brought into our 'area' - I asked how much that would cost for the upgrade at our place and was then immediately told it was not available at our address. According to neighbors the only 1-gig service is through some other company.
  • Next rate raise: we complained; same story. Then they offered a discounted rate to keep us - term was only 6 months though.
Move on.