Colorado…

I have 5 pts. Put in for a 1st rifle tag that I (should) draw. My 2nd choice was a 1st rifle tag that generally has left overs. I’ve decided that if I don’t draw my first choice then I will surrender the 2nd choice tag.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Oh come on, have some fun in the mean time. Draw week is like Christmas, even when I know I'll be getting unsuccessful emails!
I could easily let Christmas presents sit until the next Christmas. The draw doesn't excite me.......it just is what it is. You either have enough points to draw it or you don't. And generally it's pretty easy to tell if you have enough points. If I don't draw a tag, then I'll shoot for a tag in the reissue process. If I don't get a reissue tag, then I'll get an OTC tag. No big deal.

cnelk

WKR
I could easily let Christmas presents sit until the next Christmas. The draw doesn't excite me.......it just is what it is. You either have enough points to draw it or you don't. And generally it's pretty easy to tell if you have enough points. If I don't draw a tag, then I'll shoot for a tag in the reissue process. If I don't get a reissue tag, then I'll get an OTC tag. No big deal.

I bet you're a real fun guy at a party

Excuse my ignorance, but is this giving the opportunity to restore points without eating the cost of the tag, whereas in the past it was one or the other?
Basically yes.
The option to pay for the tag, hold it until 30 prior to season, turn it back in, and then lose the tag money and restore pre draw points or lose points and get a refund still exists.
The difference there is when the tag is turned back in - it could by small chance make the 2nd (youth) draw or end up leftovers or reissue list.

Last edited:
I've got a few points for multiple species. Should draw an antelope tag but CPW dropped the quota for that hunt this year so hopefully nothing funny happens. We shall see as I was kinda banking on that tag this year

Got hit for the moose point as well.

Guessing there’s no hope for deer to be drawn today before WY deadline?

Aggravating... was banking on knowing if our group drew our CO 1st szn rifle elk tags before the wyoming deer app. deadline, because that was/is out backup plan if dont draw CO. But not confident we will know results today now... anyone know when non-rez 1st szn rifle elk results will actually be available?