Colorado…

hoff1ck

WKR
goHUNT is so funny. They hate it when people point out when they didn't draw something that goHUNT said verbatim "Your odds for drawing this hunt are 100%." They usually go into some spiel about how they don't get into predictive drawing odds, etc. Then change your verbiage to reflect that, goHUNT...
People have to use the odds the correct way too, and understand there’s no way to know how many people will apply at each point level any given year. Especially in the current climate, we all should understand this is ever changing and most odds aren’t getting better.

Wow. Just got the unsuccessful email. 5 pts 100% draw last year, I had 5 pts and nothing this year!! My 2nd choice was a first rifle tag that had over 70 leftover tags last year and didn’t draw that either!!

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
Could be. I would have thought half of Texas would have applied for that tag from what I've heard

This x100... One year of OTC rifle in 80/81 made me feel like I was in Nam with all of the idiots throwing lead at anything that moved.

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
Drew second choice, 4th rifle antler elk as expected. Going to be a fun season. Have archery speedgoat, elk, and mule deer (late season) tags in New Mexico and now a late season rifle elk hunt for cherry on top.

Good luck to everyone!

I know our tag went from 92% last year with one point to 54% this year. Then CPW cut 20% of the tags. I would bet if the tag allotment stays the same for next year that 2 pp is not going to be 100% and 3 is going to be a gamble.

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
My 1st choice I was above my pay grade, lower %. But 2nd choice was 100% draw.

Right now there are people with pp added. People with cc hits and pp added. People with no pp added and no cc hits. And people with cc hits and pp used.

At least we dont have to worry about consistency.

Me and my hunting buddy put in as a group for first rifle elk. My CC had charge last night, my PP updated to 0 at 1:00pm today and I still haven't received email confirmation. His CC hasn't received charge yet, his PP haven't updated to 0 yet but he received successful email confirmation mid morning today.

sndmn11

WKR
I will take a wild guess also that the change in the leftover day process also influenced people quite a bit to put in as a 2nd choice what they could have regularly taken the morning off in August to get on leftover day.

I didn’t get a 551 archery elk tag with 1 preference point. 92% odds in 2020 and 96% last year with one point. Two other guys in the group drew the same tag with one point so still going. Me and the other guy that didn’t draw should be guaranteed next year so planning to hit the unit two years in a row.

svivian

WKR
Who thought they would draw and didnt actually look at CPW's website to figure it out? I had two buddies tell me i would draw based off gohunt and i knew i wouldnt based of CPW and I was the one who was correct...

The fact that so many people are surprised over point creep is surprising to me.
Right?! I just used 13pp today. I originally was aiming for Bosque Del Oso archery elk. I had 3pp when it took 5pp to draw in 2012. Fast forward to 2021 and you had a 50% chance with 11pp.

Mosby

WKR
I didn't draw for deer or elk this year. I used to draw my elk unit with 0 and those days are over. Being a man with a plan, I got a new Vizsla pup in February and hotel reservations in South Dakota for opening week of pheasant. South Dakota is going to start getting a lot more of my money and Colorado a lot less going forward.

southLA

WKR
Draw stats are posted on CPW. My elk unit crept a point. My deer units were same as last year.