Colorado…

slimC

FNG
CPW account just updated got awarded 2nd choice. Good luck this season boys.

Gut punch. First Idaho, NM and now CO which I thought was in the bag at 100% 2nd choice. Only good news here is I found a way to save $150 a year.

Cant wait to see the 2nd choice tag I didnt draw in the secondary draw.

Attachments

• 4153AE05-3525-4E4E-8AFE-3D0587120600.jpeg
    4153AE05-3525-4E4E-8AFE-3D0587120600.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 49

Roger17

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had a CC hit, or notification, of a second choice selection?
I had PP as first selection. Had cc pending on my 2nd choice when I checked at 6am central time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gerbdog

WKR
Yikes.. Officially no tags for me this year. I'll be going to my other OTC spots

Super interested how they handled things this year

prm

WKR
Gut punch here as well. I tried to get cute last year playing the odds and got bit. 70+% first choice and a 60+% second got me nothing. This year I went with a “100%“ selection. I got nothing.

Time for me to adjust my expectations regarding the value of a tool like GoHunt’s filtering. Apparently 100% is not exactly what it implies.

Then there is the frustration of investing in the gear to just have it sit around. I may try OTC, but previous attempts at that were rather unsatisfying. I’ll stop whining now. Good luck to all in the mountains this fall.

Gut punch. First Idaho, NM and now CO which I thought was in the bag at 100% 2nd choice.
goHUNT is so funny. They hate it when people point out when they didn't draw something that goHUNT said verbatim "Your odds for drawing this hunt are 100%." They usually go into some spiel about how they don't get into predictive drawing odds, etc. Then change your verbiage to reflect that, goHUNT...

"Nothing is guaranteed in life but death and taxes"

Looks like a good number of you tried to pull a limited entry archery tag down south for 2nd choice and got hosed.

Gerbdog

WKR
Pretty shocked as a resident i didnt draw 80/81 on this transition from OTC to draw this year.... i guess it really was that popular of an area, and i guess they really had good reason for limiting it. Ah well, you take yer punches and get back up. Time to change plans and hit some other areas.

Pretty shocked as a resident i didnt draw 80/81 on this transition from OTC to draw this year.... i guess it really was that popular of an area, and i guess they really had good reason for limiting it. Ah well, you take yer punches and get back up. Time to change plans and hit some other areas.

Where theres a will theres a way. If you want to hunt youll figure something out. OTC is still there for the time being. See whats in the secondary draw and all else fails OTC.

prm

WKR
I was trying for a first choice, rifle, “100%” odds.

I used to get my 1st rifle tags via second choice. That stopped working about three years ago.

Yep we got lucky too. We had about a 50% chance last year and missed, so with another point figured we would draw and did. We've hunted the area before, quite a few years ago, but we always camp in the unit even when we have tags in surrounding ones. We tried to play the point game for a bit better unit and while it was good, it wasn't worth the wait IMO. Getting fired up, now just need to get in shape and lose a few lbs.

sndmn11

WKR
Gut punch. First Idaho, NM and now CO which I thought was in the bag at 100% 2nd choice. Only good news here is I found a way to save $150 a year.

Cant wait to see the 2nd choice tag I didnt draw in the secondary draw.
For those of you who I like, I will charge hugs and smiles to do a better job of application guidance for CO.

25 NR points wasn't enough for unit 61 muzzy elk. Completely disappointed.
Wow! That’s out of hand. But I feel ya. I should have drawn what was a 4 point unit in 2014 when I drew it and with 7 this year, drew my 2nd choice instead……. I can’t imagine and wouldn’t wait that long for a tag.

Gerbdog

WKR
Where theres a will theres a way. If you want to hunt youll figure something out. OTC is still there for the time being. See whats in the secondary draw and all else fails OTC.
Absolutely. Still have a few tricks up my sleeve and a few spots in CO OTC. Never know where that bulls gonna be found.

Clarkdale17

Lil-Rokslider

Interested to see how the 80/81 draw broke down. Have a non resident buddy that drew it on second choice