colorado unit 67 elk

MIhunt44

FNG
i drew colorado 67 elk, im going to start hunting elk as soon as my deer hunt in 54 is over, 10th - 12th at the latest and will stay for the season if necessary. hoping to talk to someone with some knowledge/experience in the area. im not looking for someone to give up spots or tell me where the elk are. mainly just have questions regarding access, road conditions, water etc.

any help/info is appreciated.

cheers,
miguel

13 messages and almost every post has had unit numbers in the title. I’d call the local biologist and/or ranger to ask about road access. There are OHV maps available for those areas that’ll show which roads you can drive.

Beckjhong

WKR
Quoted from @FlyGuy. Replace WY with CO.
Bro,

If you haven’t noticed by now, no one is ever going to give you an answer to this question. You might as well have walking into a fancy cocktail party and asked all the women what color panties they were wearing! You are asking for personal and private information that is not to be shared on an open forum.

To flip it around. Imagine that you worked your ass off for months researching and digital scouting WY units to narrow it down to 2-3. Then maybe you even took some PTO and made a couple long weekend scouting trips up there to one or two of them to put boots on the ground. Then you finally drew a tag, worked your ass off, and after 5-6 days of grinding you got into some elk. You didn’t punch your tag but you know exactly where you are going the very next time you draw in WY…. Then some random guy who just joined the forum yesterday shows up and says, “I’m just too lazy to put in any effort, since you guys already know where the elk are can’t you just tell me where I should go?”

How do you think you would answer that guy?