Colorado Unit 54 2nd rifle new elk hunter (Whats one thing?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETX-(Ty)

FNG
Hey everyone, I am hunting unit 54 for second rifle. We are looking at hiking up Mill castle trail or rainbow lake trail. I understand dues gotta be paid, but I am curious if anyone has any info on this area. Whats one thing that we should know? does anyone have experience in this unit (54)

Hey dude, welcome! At this point, I'd consider killing this account, signing up for a new one, and spending some time reading before posting, but you definitely should go post in the FNG section and introduce yourself.

OP
ETX-(Ty)

ETX-(Ty)

FNG
Hey dude, welcome! At this point, I'd consider killing this account, signing up for a new one, and spending some time reading before posting, but you definitely should go post in the FNG section and introduce yourself.
Didn't even know there was a FNG section. Thats a great one thing. Thanks!

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
Some harsh replies. The initial hill will get your heart pumping. Good luck.

ChrisAU

WKR
Good luck, hope you are in shape.

Edit: I'll add a real tip - its steep, super steep, and water is always at the bottom. If you don't want to go to the bottom and back up constantly, bring lots of water with you.

Oh, and

They_Finna_Drag_You_Die_Cut__81623.1597620289.png

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
Yup, those wet boots make for and enjoyable climb. Real tip, a pair of Crocs help for the creek crossings.

2nd season up there? Be ready to get snow up to your knees. It can get a bit Western in that area, also it's steep AF, don't fall off a trail in the dark, it's a long way to the bottom.

TheHammer

WKR
Weather depended location that will require a lot of effort. Hopefully you bring your man card and are in above excellent shape for the task. Good luck.

Enjoy the view! It's beautiful country. 2nd Rifle... be prepared for deep snow. Been known to get white quickly.
If you are not in shape, I highly suggest picking a different GMU. It is steep country. Heavily hunted and quite a few guided Horseback Camps ( note "Horseback"). Have a 4x4 & Chains. Archery, Muzzle loaders, & first rifle will have already have flushed out the nearby forest. So if you are on foot, know you will be challenged!

Status
Not open for further replies.