Colorado unit 421 info

ddubois

FNG
Hi all new to the forum was looking to see if anyone was familiar with the flat top area around monument trail and Leon trail .
Looks like there is room to get away from the trails and maybe get off to your self, any info on hunting pressure in this area. Thanks.

I hunted it 2 years ago, had it pretty much to my self for archery season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you go back to that area again? Did you get into elk?

Yea it was first time ever out west and elk hunting. Saw a few elk and a lot of sign. Next I’ll be going back to the same area

OP
D

ddubois

FNG
Yea it was first time ever out west and elk hunting. Saw a few elk and a lot of sign. Next I’ll be going back to the same area

Were you able to drive truck up thr fr262 or do you need a at to get up to the trail heads.

Were you able to drive truck up thr fr262 or do you need a at to get up to the trail heads.

Yea u can drive to the trail head, but it’s a hell of a ride lol. I think it took us 2-3 hours from Vega State Park to there

Which trailhead did it take you 2-3 hours to get to? I had heard from locals that the road in from Vega was relatively passable until you get to the Kenney Creek area before it started getting more challenging.

Which trailhead did it take you 2-3 hours to get to? I had heard from locals that the road in from Vega was relatively passable until you get to the Kenney Creek area before it started getting more challenging.

Monument Trail. We took it real easy though we passed some fresh truck parts and oil leaks on the way up not to mention entire holding tank to a camper cause some guy hauled a 5th wheel toyhauler up the road lol

mckayam1

Lil-Rokslider
I am new as well and going to Colorado for my first time. I looked at 421 as well. The only thing that made me nervous was that it had a thousand Hunters recorded for that area a couple years ago. Still trying to find a good spot to try

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk