Colorado Fall Black Bear

CoMtnMike

FNG
last year I killed a bear between 10-11K feet while bow hunting for elk. He was eating the same rasberries as me in beetle killed pine. When i heard something I through out a cow call, then saw him as I snuck forward. The cow call didnt scare him off and he was so focused on eating it took almost 10 minutes for me to get a broadside shot on him, but he gave me the time. This year I killed one just below 10K while elk hunting first rifle season elk - he was eating a dead domestic cow... (naturally placed so legal). I'd say watch the food options. Both bears taste awesome (both Colorado) - but I still wish I had killed elk on those hunts instead of or in addition to the bears!
I saw more bear sign in the oak brush and serviceberries, but I cant figure out how to hunt that stuff. Its so thick and noisy everything knows you are there. So I hear animals busting away but dont see them and couldnt shoot them with either weapon even if I did. The brush seems a great place to hunt bears and elk if you are good enough; I dont think I am...