Sold Colorado! Do you have a 20k Superglide hitch and want to make some $$$ before and after 2nd season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sndmn11

WKR
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I am seeing if anyone wants to move a camper from Castle Rock to an easy campground about 4.5hrs away and then back after the season.

The trailer has a Superglide 20k, so you would need the same receiver.

Why?
My dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2020 and is doing as well as can be imagined. He, and other members of our family, have 2nd season deer tags and this was a big deal to all of us. Over the weekend his 2019ish 2500 Silverado's check engine light came on, and the mechanic told him today it has big issues and it might be weeks to fix.

The trailer was a perfect accommodation for him because it was comfortable, would be easy to rest in for a day if needed, warm, great food, grandkids could come, etc. We can surely stay in the wall tent and a hotel a night or two, but he is pretty bummed and it probably eliminates the grandkids from the trip.

PM if you fit and want to cash out.

Two weekends ago with the grandkids
PXL_20231007_171012616.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Could someone not just pull the hitch from the truck at the mechanic, then maybe even leave it with the camper in case a different person pulls it back?

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
@sndmn11 let me post this on my local Castle Rock Facebook group and see if we have any takers.
Rad, thanks

Could someone not just pull the hitch from the truck at the mechanic, then maybe even leave it with the camper in case a different person pulls it back?
There's been oodles of ideas thrown about, that was one of them. He seemed to think we could rent a motorhome for less hassle and expense at that point. We have a lot of moving parts in this version of a "once in a lifetime hunt". I have no doubts that we will have a blast and deer will be killed, but at some point comfort and too much pain trying to get comfort intersect.

Cannonball

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Too bad its not a standard 5th wheel plate otherwise i would come help. Good luck im sure someone can
It should just be a capture plate bolted on/over the normal kingpin and pretty simple to remove/reinstall.

Even if its the Superlite, the gooseball mounts over the regular kingpin and is easily removable.

Last edited:

svivian

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
It should just be a capture plate bolted on/over the normal kingpin and pretty simple to remove/reinstall.

Even if its the Superlite, the gooseball mounts over the regular kingpin and is easily removable.

I use B&W hitches so im not familiar with superglides. If thats the case then that would open up alot more possibilities to get someone to move it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is correct. We have to do this at our store at least two or three times a year.

Cannonball

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I use B&W hitches so im not familiar with superglides. If thats the case then that would open up alot more possibilities to get someone to move it.
I had both the Pullrirte Superlite and Super 5th before getting a B&W companion. Almost all the auto-slider hitches use some kind of a capture plate.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Rating - 100%
131   0   0

Doing the googles. I don't know anything about this stuff, thanks!

Jon S

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had to google 20k superglide to see if my 4 runner would pull it, sadly, not even close, good luck and have a fun hunt!

Status
Not open for further replies.