Colorado Cow Moose Hunt Unit 49 & 500

7mm Man

Lil-Rokslider
I just scored a cow moose tag that was turned in for unit 49 & 500 in Colorado. I have never hunted moose before. Does anyone have any tips they can share on strategy? I have heard people say they have called cows in while calling for bulls. I am going to have at least 5 full days to hunt. I will say the tag fee for a non-resident cow is a little ridiculous, but I had no points that are going to burn and I just want to hunt. I was actually surprised to get an email like that. Thanks in advance.

OP
7mm Man

7mm Man

Lil-Rokslider
Rifle. Oct 1st thru the 14th. I am likely going to solo hunt the 7th thru the 11th. I am driving from the East coast so it will take two days there and two days back.

OP
7mm Man

7mm Man

Lil-Rokslider
I have some experience hunting out west, but never Moose. I also have Bull Elk and Buck Muley tags for the 4th rifle season in units 7 and 8, which is going to be about a month later.

CoHiCntry

WKR
I would say move around a lot until you find the moose. Other hunters in the area would be a good resource. They aren’t hard to hunt once you find them.

sndmn11

WKR
I just scored a cow moose tag that was turned in for unit 49 & 500 in Colorado. I have never hunted moose before. Does anyone have any tips they can share on strategy? I have heard people say they have called cows in while calling for bulls. I am going to have at least 5 full days to hunt. I will say the tag fee for a non-resident cow is a little ridiculous, but I had no points that are going to burn and I just want to hunt. I was actually surprised to get an email like that. Thanks in advance.
Have a moderator delete your thead then send me a PM and we can go from there...