Colorado Conditions - Maroon Bells?

bz_711

WKR
Anybody have any recent snow reports at higher elevations south of Aspen?
Making a visit with the wife at end of June...and plans call for my wife's first night tenting out in the backcounty. With the big/late snows this year - I'm curious how far/high we can be looking to go before getting in snow covered trails. Postholing and camping on ice are probably not the best idea for me getting her hooked on backcountry trips:)

I did call Aspen ranger district and got some help (most trails look on heavy with snow still) - but I know a lot can change in two weeks.

Any thoughts/tips/snow reports appreciated! (or any recommended 1 night hikes that may be snow free - wife loves to photograph so want as many open/meadow views as possible)

I was just shown an article about a girl that broke her leg skiing up there. I thought it was recent but not 100% on that.

A-basin stays open into june every year. Aspen had the top half of the mountain open for memorial day ,you had to ride the lift back to the bottom because of no snow.

OP
bz_711

bz_711

WKR
Thanks guys! I'll just keep an eye on it right up until we get out there...mostly hope to hike into some good scenery - could always come back down below snow to set up camp...only doing a 1 nighter...