Colorado Bugle Report?

What are you all hearing and seeing? Dead quite in the central part of the state. Good luck to you all.

buffsmoker

Lil-Rokslider
Plenty of bugles where I was in the SW part of the state the last four days. I was serenaded from the bottom of the basin I was glassing deer from.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Laramie

WKR
My buddies have had quite a few calling in the northern part of the state. 1 down and 4 others called in so far. They are on early this year from what I'm hearing. No tag for me this year... Figures lol

Andyman10

FNG
I’m hearing them start up at lower elevations, nearer to the front range, but it hasn’t started in earnest just yet. Good luck all!

Andyman10

FNG
That's what I want to hear. They just need to slow roll it until I get there on Thursday, then all hell can break loose.

Jeremy
I’m hoping so, man. We will see. Air quality still an issue, despite not having any major fires here in Colorado. It’s also supposed to be really hot this week, which is no bueno. The mornings and overnight temps are definitely more crisp this week than they have been, which will help. We’ve also had a really nice wet Summer in most places, which has helped with the drought, so hopefully they start splitting into smaller groups over the next 1-2 weeks. That should make them easier to find than just getting lucky and finding that one big herd of 40-50.

Regardless, hope you have a fun hunt out here. Enjoy your time!

Gerbdog

WKR
Was active bugles in S. CO where i hunted and had a good mix of bugles on their own and responses to my calling, raking, and just general noise making

Huntin_GI

WKR
Ive got two buddies in Northern CO who have been in since the opener. Sounds like that moisture early last week turned them on for a few days but have since gotten quite. I dive in on the 15th and will pass along what I experience.

Gerbdog

WKR
Nothing talking in the south as of yesterday. I have seen cows and got winded at a wallow Sunday by a sneaky bull.
Twice to me Friday: one side of the wallow he winded at the edge of the clearing coming in not 20 minutes after i sat down (wind had to have swirled cause he was coming in pretty quick and then he was off the side of the ridge). Second time i think the same bull snuck around at last light when wind started swirling on the other side of the clearing: One minute sitting peacefully the next there's a bull crashing out from just below the ridge at top speed. Was wheezing something fierce, sounded like he had a hole in his lung already. Dang sneaky bulls. Probably was just out of sight for hours without me knowing he was there haha.

cnelk

WKR
Pretty quiet in N Colorado. Had some bugles Fri/Sat when it was cooler and cloudy.
Now nuthin since it’s hot.

Been into elk every day except one. They are coming in silent to raking and cow mews.

Poser

WKR
I was out bear hunting fri-Mon in SW CO. Heard bugles every night, saw elk every morning and evening. I was at “fall bear elevation” 7,000-9,000 feet and didn’t see a single elk hunter while covering ~30 miles because, you know, “the elk are up high”